IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 18 - January 17, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Good day. Got my head covers. Put in some good work on the full swing. Also spent some time hitting pitch shots, staying stable over the left leg, really just turning through and letting the clubhead go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9.  Putting on aluminum ruler while dinner was in the oven.  Still flared a few wide left.  Real balls, on carpet, aluminum ruler.  Drill from LSW.  Will aim to get out to a real green over the weekend.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 46

Tired and have a mild cold, so just did a little indoor putting work after my morning round. Focused on starting line because I had a lot of misses where my putts started off on a bad direction this morning. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 19 - January 18, 2020

Not feeling great and slid the whole way down my driveway this morning on my shoes after picking myself up from falling, so I hit ten balls at a medium speed after teaching for six hours and called it a day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10, putting again (over carpet, from a ruler, real balls, indoors).  Focusing on setup and stance, making many of them but still missed a few left (and one right, sigh). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 15

Good day through the bag!  Solid distance and dispersion, clubs all were within expectations.

90 shots, only one slice, two hook pulls, and one fat shot. if I had this result during a round, I would pay for all at the 19th hole!

images.png

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 47

8-iron today, hit 54 balls into the net. Focus today was making sure I finish backswing/full turn before starting downswing because when I cheat my backswing all sorts of bad stuff happens (all arms, OTT, big drop in swing speed). Also did a full pre shot routine before each ball.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 20 - January 19, 2020

Today I did a little with the PlaneMate. You can get yours here. It was mostly to add another feeling for the transition as the backswing and follow-through stuff are fine, and I do those well generally speaking already.

I'm not feeling great so it was just about ten minutes today.

Day 16,

4h and 5h work today.  Nice and relaxed and very acceptable results.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Okay, I just lost a big excuse for future missed practice days.  Feel free to call me out as appropriate!

Day 11.  Did protocol one for swing stix, but without the radar.  Did this on my back patio;  concrete, nothing over my head (or to interfere with the swing), but I didn't put the radar out for some stupid reason.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 48

10 balls with driver this morning using my Garmin Truswing to measure clubhead speed (hadn't been used since April 2018, but fired back up fine). Path was good, but club face was 2-4 degrees open on 8 of the swings (at least according to the Garmin device), so while contact felt solid, ball flight likely would have been push, push fade, or push slice. Will need to work on closing the face.

Also went through a full pre-shot routine for each ball, still not used to doing a consistent pre-shot routine for each swing. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Initially combined driver swings from last night and this morning. 7/10 swings from last night had an open face, while 8/10 this morning did.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 21 - January 20, 2020

Mirror swings in the living room while compiling code. Going to be a busy week. Went to the township to see about running a golf course this summer, too.

Day 17

20 minutes chipping into a net, working on touch and direction

A new religious right think tank thinks Jesus’ teachings are too liberal

The Falkirk Center at Liberty University believes that "restoring and defending American ideals" means explicitly rejecting Christ’s teaching of turning the other cheek, among o

ipping into a net

Day 12, January 20 2020.

Today I was working from home and, several times, went to hit a few balls in the adjacent practice room.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, mix of real and fake balls (plus of course practice swings). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 49
Planemate was supposed to be delivered today so I was going to start the protocol, but it’s dark, raining, and mail hasn’t been delivered yet. So instead I did some indoor putting practice.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 22 - January 21, 2020

Hit ten balls with an 8I. I'm getting pretty good at making a backswing, coming down, looking in a mirror the whole time, looking back at the ball, and flushing it. 🙂

Day 13, January 21 2020.  Warmed up a bit (indoors, off a mat, into a net, 6-iron) and then went out back to do Speed Stix (back to protocol one, even though I reached protocol two last summer).  104 was the "final green" speed.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 18

Cool morning, so the 5 minutes were taken up by physical warm-ups including 20 swings with the orange whip.