IGNORED

TourStriker PlaneMate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

planemate.jpgThe PlaneMate is a relatively new training aid that costs about $160.

planemate_001.jpg

The Tour Striker PlaneMate is a GAME CHANGER. Order now to make sure you get yours before they’re gone.

Essentially, the PlaneMate helps you do a few things:

• Take the club back without rolling it inside.
  • Get to the top reasonably well on plane.
  • Lay it down a bit from there.
  • Pivot through without throwing the clubhead at the ball.

Early returns are good for some, mixed for others. Those with mixed or no results don't seem to understand when they're supposed to resist and when they're supposed to allow the band to "help" them. And, to be honest, some people don't really need the PlaneMate - they might roll it back inside early but then get to the top and/or have a great downswing.

That said, having seen a lot of the Member Swings here, this may be a great full-swing training aid for many of you out there…

There's a seven-day protocol that you follow when you get your PlaneMate:

pm-introduction-300x169.png

Tour Striker PlaneMate 7-Day Protocol The 7-Day Protocol was designed to be completed with the Tour Striker PlaneMate; a series of 7 short videos, one for each day. Follow the Protocol and in 7 days, you’ll have a vastly...

Day 1: Building Swing Structure
Day 2: One Arm Shots
Day 3: Rotation & Relocation
Day 4: Finishing Form
Day 5: Resist, Resist, Relax & Rotate
Day 6: Ground Force Reactions
Day 7: PlaneMate Review

As a regular golfer, I highly recommend you follow this.

If you'd like to get your own PlaneMate, you can do so here:

planemate_001.jpg

The Tour Striker PlaneMate is a GAME CHANGER. Order now to make sure you get yours before they’re gone.

or https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/?ref=750 *

From the site: "The Tour Striker PlaneMate is the first product of its kind that provides the feeling of a professional takeaway and transition. By adopting the sense of resisting the tension band early in the backswing you’ll train your body to take the club back properly. Then, by relaxing your arms and wrists when the tension starts to build, the club will shallow onto a powerful plane inspiring a body rotation for an inside out strike. With the PlaneMate, simply Resist, Relax, and Rotate your way to the most satisfying ball striking of your life.

The PlaneMate comes with interchangeable resistance bands to give you the right level of resistance for your current swing and your future goals. The PlaneMate is reversible for Right and Left-Handed Golfers.

Standard Green Pitch-Motion Band — Moderate resistance designed for less than full swings. Great for developing discipline and skill in your takeaway and follow through. 

Standard Green Full Swing Band — Moderate resistance designed for full swings. The resistance band builds muscle and muscle memory faster to help you develop a long smooth backswing that shallows coming into contact.

Pro Red Full Swing Band — Intense resistance designed for avid and professional golfers who are looking for that next level of resistance and development."

If you buy a PlaneMate through the link now through October 2019, I'll extend your Supporter Membership by three months, or offer you a coupon code for 33% off a new Supporter membership if you're not currently a Supporter.

* This is an affiliate link, and I'll make a few bucks if you purchase through this link. I think I have a well-established reputation of not just posting affiliate links all over the place in an attempt to chase down every last dollar. When I post a link to a product, which is rare, it's one I believe can help.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic

Thanks Erik. Just ordered one.😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

No malice intended, but how does one justify $160.00 for this swing aid? We got a waist band, a clip, and three bungee cords. 

I have a Tour Striker practice club that I paid way less than $100 some years ago. That club is a pretty good swing training aid. 

What am I missing here?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I’ve seen videos where the instructor is using it for short game shots as well. I guess similar to the way it’s intended for the full swing?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Patch said:

No malice intended, but how does one justify $160.00 for this swing aid? We got a waist band, a clip, and three bungee cords. 

I have a Tour Striker practice club that I paid way less than $100 some years ago. That club is a pretty good swing training aid. 

What am I missing here?

You’re missing that good training aids take time and money to create and manufacture and are few and far between.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

You’re missing that good training aids take time and money to create and manufacture and are few and far between.

I suppose so, since you are the expert. 

This training aid reminds me of that "Swing Jacket" vest thingy that came out several years ago. 

Anyway, I hope the company sells a few thousands of them. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Patch said:

This training aid reminds me of that "Swing Jacket" vest thingy that came out several years ago. 

It shouldn’t. Very different function/goal.

The reviews on YouTube for this product are bad- and by bad I just mean the reviews themselves. Not their opinions of the PlaneMate. The reviews are quite favorable-Very positive. They're just poor videos.

I have three.-I loan one out constantly to students who need it. One is mine and the other I use in lessons a few times a week.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on this. I like to have good toys and this one seems like a good one if used correctly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I pulled the trigger on this. I like to have good toys and this one seems like a good one if used correctly. 

Enjoy! Do the protocols so you understand how they work for students.

That's my recommendation any way.

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Enjoy! Do the protocols so you understand how they work for students.

That's my recommendation any way.

Got mine a couple of days ago. Going to follow the protocols for sure. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 9/14/2019 at 9:01 AM, iacas said:

That said, having seen a lot of the Member Swings here, this may be a great full-swing training aid for many of you out there...

Hey now....

Just kidding. I’ve actually been wanting one for a while now, so it’s great to see your opinions on it. My coach actually recommended it to me because I need to work on getting more width in the takeaway, and he was saying that the planemate forces you to have that width. 

Worked with it today. Really helped me get a good feel with the Resist/Relax/Rotate process. I was amazed at the ‘ghost movement’ that occurred after using the band and holding the club once I’d taken it off. It’s like the club has a motor and is moving on it’s own! First day went well. 

• Like 1

I think I could benefit from this training aid, but they are sold out right now and it won't be available until January. That seems like a long lead time in manufacturing such a simple device.

After watching all the videos I went out and tried to do the drills with an imaginary band and had positive results. Even using using a very segmented swing where I watched my hands/club until I did the relax step at the top of the backswing, I added about 10 yards to each of my short irons based on Mevo data. Everything just felt right on the good swings. Driver was more mixed bag, but even then my better ones seemed better than my usual best ones. I wasn't trying to swing hard at all. There is something about the sequencing that just works for me when I do it right.  I think the relax step is key for me. I think the physical reinforcement would make it even more effective to help me not have to think about it as much.  I think I could play using my imaginary band swing right now and would see an improvement.

I will see how things are going and might buy one in January. 

War Eagle!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I think I could benefit from this training aid, but they are sold out right now and it won't be available until January. That seems like a long lead time in manufacturing such a simple device.

Wow. Yeah you’re right. I picked a bad time to put this topic up. 🙂

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Wow. Yeah you’re right. I picked a bad time to put this topic up. 🙂

Glad I bought one in time. Definitely feels crazy after putting the bands away and holding a club. Its a good aid for timing the hands and turn around impact.  I like it so far!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

It's a piece of gear, but it's more of an instructional piece of gear, so I put this here. So I figure Erik will move this if it's not appropriate. This is supposed to help people develop a proper swing plane. It's been out since July. I've seen Martin Chuck's video, and the TXG review which was positive. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it, and if Erik has any thoughts about the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ii9zjre90

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

So I figure Erik will move this if it's not appropriate.

Done.

Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!