6,965 posts / 345357 viewsLast Reply

My post from yesterday did not record so I hope this counts:

Day 67

worked on easy extension drills with a chair behind me. Focused on not separating from the chair. 

Day 68

played 18 today. Ball striking was still showing progress although I started to fight a big hook with my driver on the back 9. Putting and chipping continues to cost me strokes. 37 putts today even with a hole-out. I need to work on my short game badly. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 310

Played 18 focusing on takeaway without regripping my right hand, and making a good, full turn. Hit the ball well for the most part, but did have three really, really bad swings where I did the “regrip during takeaway” thing which resulted in costly misses. Redo those three swings and I think I would have scored pretty well, but that’ not how it works, so ended up scoring a 94 with one each of a quintuple, quadruple, and triple bogey.

Day 120.  Five minutes putting on a ruler on carpet.  Made most of them go the full 36" on the ruler (and continue another several feet).  I didn't bring my cord for GG on the trip so I can't analyze yesterday's round just yet, but I suspect putting was a culprit.  I feel like on half or more of the bogey holes, I had a <= 8' putt for par, but I made approximately none of them.  

Day 69

I continued incorporating early extension drills into my normal practice routine along with the Covid pitching drill. Also rolled a few putts down a yard stick. 

Day 18: Play 18 at a new course in RI, Fenner Hill. Very nice. Drove the ball well with 50% fairways, but some were just off. Greens were fast!

Day 311

Did more takeaway and backswing practice. Did some slow rehearsals in the mirror to make the connection between the position I am trying to achieve visually, and the feeling in my legs/hips/shoulders. Hit 20 balls with a 7-iron after, with a rehearsal before each ball.

Was going to do a superspeed workout this evening, but a stupid injury is going to delay restarting that for a couple days at least.

Day 121.  More carpet putting;  ruler, putter, real balls.  Getting some decent speed ones past the 36" marker consistently. 

Day 312

Putted a bit in my office because I am on-site today to take care of a few things before resuming the WFH routine. If my shoulder/back is feeling okay, I might do some short game practice later today.

Day 70

spent an hour on the range chipping/putting and getting some video of my full swing. I’ll get it up either tonight or tomorrow. 

Day 122.  More carpet putting;  larger room, a bit more time, different spot, same ruler.  I am beginning to think bead is not the problem with my putting. 

Day 71

pitching drills and my normal swing routine. Paying extra attention to my downswing feel to clean up my plane.