IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 250: Worked on putting for a while. Got out my mat and focused on short putts. Getting a feel where I'm not moving my head using both a mirror and a door jamb. Amazing what 30 minutes of doing this did. I was centering most of my putts, which is great. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 107- Short, slow swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 22: 3/17/2024

Not much time today. Either I caught a cold or my allergies kicked in and started hitting me like a two ton... heavy thing. 

So, Just a bit of mirror work with a seven iron today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 94 (16 Mar 24) - Spent time at the range working thru the bag after the round today.  Ended the day with some work on the putting green, easy chips on with putts to replicate up and downs.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 80: 3/16/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum training session 10/24.

Finished 2 mph below my top speed in session 6, and tied for my 3rd fastest of the 10 sessions. Not playing much but hope the training transfers to the course.

Let’s give this a shot

March 17/24 officially day 1 of posting although it’s well beyond that in actuality. 

spent about 10 mins hitting balls into a net, working on not adding loft at impact by getting the right wrist into extension through impact. Struggled a bit more today than previous days and felt like I was getting there earlier than I wanted.

then spent 10 minutes chipping. My problem is getting too handsy but I managed to get my body to pivoting a bit more for a much better outcome  

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

• Administrator

Day 503, March 17, 2024

Fifteen minutes at the end of the penultimate JEP weekend (and a lesson) on the downswing stuff. Right wrist was a little tender (only a little) so I didn't want to go too long.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 108- Hit balls in my brother's back yard for 15 minutes. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 23: 3/17/2024

Backswing without a club, with a piece of pvc, with a club across the collarbone and finally just with a club gripped normally. All in front of the mirrors. 
Then some putting through the 50 mm gates into the perfect putt along with the putting mirror and a string drill. 

Day 95 (17 Mar 24) - Worked with the 54* wedge in the backyard, focused on engaging the bounce.  Had some solid short pitches - even a couple of dunks into the cup from about 22yds out.  That’s a neat sound the “rattle the flagstick” dunk…and to do it twice in just a few moments….sorry no vid, just a couple of pics after.

IMG_7869.jpeg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 24: 3/18/2024

This morning I hung out for a while in front of the mirror working on backswing without a club, with a piece of pvc, with a club across the collarbone and finally just with a club gripped normally. Later on, I did the mirror thing again and then tried to transfer the feels to the hitting net in the garage. 

Then some putting through the 50 mm gates into the perfect putt along with the putting mirror and a string drill. 

Lastly, I did my overspeed training. 

• Administrator

Day 504, March 18, 2024

Got to Golf Evolution a bit early for lessons, so… 20 minutes of downswing work. Went well. Oddly two of the lessons that followed were similar to my "piece."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2. 

couple mins of rolling putts end over end. 

10 mins of Slow, mirror work, working on starting the downswing and impact wrist positions. Hit a couple balls into the net after. 

Then finished with a couple chips to see if I could repeat what I worked on yesterday. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 96 (18 Mar 24) - Continued work with the Divot Board with the GW and hard foam balls.  Focused on small target/small miss…setup to hit target about 30yds out - success if it hit within 6’ circle of target, fail if outside.  Had decent success averaging about 3 out of 4 (hitting in groups of four).  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 82: 3/18/24

Tried a Stack session but could not certify my warmup. Finished with indoor chips and putting.