IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 26: March 20, 2024

Got to the range today to hit balls. Worked on my priority pieces first. Then worked through the bag hitting each club while working on my priority pieces. I finished by hitting targets with my wedges. 

Later I got some mirror work in and my overspeed training session. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 27: 3/21/2024

I had a great practice session today. Got to the range on lunch. I worked 3 things. One piece of my backswing, one piece with my hips/legs/feet thing, and on my hand path (anyone who knows me knows hand path is a never ending battle for me).

Anyhow, I started with some block practice and a 6 iron. 6 balls working on the first thing, then 6 balls working on the second thing, then finally 6 balls working on the third thing. 

Then I did some random practice. Chose a club at random and worked on 1 of the 3 things using only one ball. Then I used one ball for the other, and then the other. After that I'd choose a different club at random, rinse and repeat. 

As I was leaving the range, one of my range pals challenged me to a closest to the target contest. We hit balls at a half dozen targets from about 65 yards out to 125 yards. 

March 21, 2024. Day 6. 

Putting practice to roll the ball end over end. A little bit of movement work to get the wrists flexing and extending at the right time. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 99 (21 Mar 24) - Solo round today at one of the local courses.  Was behind the Thursday regulars, so the pace was slow enough I could hit a few extra balls into the pins.  Allowed me to work on pre-shot and overall course management. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 85: 3/21/24

Stack Full Speed spectrum training session 12/24.

Finished at 103 Stack speed, 1 mph lower than this program’s fastest.  Had a great swing feel a few sessions ago and haven’t quite been able to replicate it since.

Day 112- Hit a bucket at the dome. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Day 507, March 21, 2024

Worked before lessons. Not long, ten minutes. Going in the morning to get a lot of time in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 255: played 9 holes again. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 7

@iacas sent me an Evolvr tip to help shorten the backswing. Worked on that with a swimmer floatie. Also trying to close the face with wrist angles and still really need to figure out how I’m going to do that well without reinjuring my tfcc. 

then I plugged in my skytrak for the first time in a while. After a lot of misreads I got it working and think I’ll have an approach to my big swinging hook on the course if it’s not better by the time I’m able to play. 

Day 100 (22 Mar 24) - Time with the LW today - focus, rehearsing the slap stick into both hands on grip at finish.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 113- Slow, short swings with short practice club.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 86: 3/22/24

Rained here all day. Putt# through 50mm gates, some indoor chips, and finished with slow motion iron swings.

Day 256: played 9 and did a stack session. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 28: 3/22/2024

Good range session today. Pretty much focused on my priority pieces. 
I also had an overspeed session today. 

Day 8. Mentally tired. Little bit of chipping. 

• Administrator

Day 509, March 23, 2024

Didn't post but practiced for two hours yesterday morning. Finished today after some juniors had hit on the sim by hitting for 20 minutes myself. Mostly downswing, but backswing can continue to be shorter and cuppy right wrist.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets