IGNORED

Beta Test Windows Version of Scorecard

iacas
Note: This thread is 5956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
This isn't the official beta test, but it's a chance for some late-comers to get a sneak peek.

Here's what you have to do.

1) Download the app:
http://cynicalpeak.com/downloads/Scorecardwin-beta8.zip

2) Install it

3) Enter scores, etc. Use the app.

4) Post any bug reports here on the forum.

If you're good, we'll give you a discount. If you're really, REALLY good, we'll give it to you free. Anyone posting a valid BUG (feature requests are not bugs) will be moved over to the official beta testing list.

That's all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You didn't really specify where to post bugs (in this thread or a new thread), but I have one.

I have two courses entered and have been putting rounds in both of them. If I click on the first course I loaded, I see rounds I've played on that course. However, the second course round list is blank. I have to click on All Courses to get the rounds to show up from the second course.

I need to enter a 9-hole round. Do I just go to the other side and enter all zeros? This appears to affect calculations (handicap, GIR, etc). Is there a way around this?

Doesn't work with Windows 2000. Bummer. I was really looking forward to using this software too.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

• Administrator
You didn't really specify where to post bugs (in this thread or a new thread), but I have one.

Yes, please post them here. I'll PM you with details re: this bug.

Doesn't work with Windows 2000. Bummer. I was really looking forward to using this software too.

It should work. I'll PM you as well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If only it was warmer... or can I put in B/S scores

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I found one funny problem about this program. It take quite awhile for the scorecard enter in to be registered in the individual courses. For the all courses, it is instant but for filtering of individual courses it seem to take for quite awhile. In the screenshot, even though i have 2 score card entered into the system already but i seem to unable to view the second scorecard I have entered under the individual golf course. (sorry for the poor english btw, not quite sure how to explain.)

Screenshot Links:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2qcp0l0.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2ic1wr8.jpg
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

If only it was warmer... or can I put in B/S scores

I might get out this weekend - I won't BS scores, but what about older ones (if I can still remember what I did those days)?

Edit: Echoing the other guy, what about nine hole rounds?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
I found one funny problem about this program. It take quite awhile for the scorecard enter in to be registered in the individual courses. For the all courses, it is instant but for filtering of individual courses it seem to take for quite awhile. In the screenshot, even though i have 2 score card entered into the system already but i seem to unable to view the second scorecard I have entered under the individual golf course. (sorry for the poor english btw, not quite sure how to explain.)

So what you're saying is that after entering a round, it takes awhile for the round to appear when you choose each separate course.

If so, this is a known bug.
I might get out this weekend - I won't BS scores, but what about older ones (if I can still remember what I did those days)?

Since there's a capacity to enter the date, if you can remember old rounds, go ahead and put them in.

Edit: Echoing the other guy, what about nine hole rounds?

Scorecard does not support nine-hole rounds for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure it ever will for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is:

a) handicapping becomes problematic b) statistics become goofy - greens may be more severe on the back and affect putting stats, the course may have more water on one side of the course, etc. Even something like the mentality you take when playing 9 vs. 18 and fatigue can affect stats. c) I've yet to come up with a user interface that makes entering 9-hole rounds "make sense." We could let users enter nine hole rounds but exclude them from stats and handicap calculations, but what would the point of that be?

Just a follow up on my bug reports. I have been in touch with the developer and he could not duplicate my first issue above. After going back into the program, I couldn't either. It's almost like I had to relaunch the app after entering my data.

As far as 9-hole rounds, he told me possibly in an upcoming version 2 there may be a way to implement them, but as of right now, no.

• Administrator
Just a follow up on my bug reports. I have been in touch with the developer and he could not duplicate my first issue above. After going back into the program, I couldn't either. It's almost like I had to relaunch the app after entering my data.

Interesting. Still, if this problem persists, let us know. You shouldn't have to keep re-launching just to get things to appear.

As far as 9-hole rounds, he told me possibly in an upcoming version 2 there may be a way to implement them, but as of right now, no.

He's porting for us. You just got our party line that we're considering a lot of things for 2.0 and that we aren't sure what features will make it in.

In the end, I'll make the decision. And currently, I can tell you that for the reasons listed above, 9-hole rounds aren't part of the plans. iPhone integration, though, is.

Here are three things I have noticed on my computer. One, when I enter in scores and select GIR of "No" on holes, if I open that round up again it automatically changes all of the GIRs to "Yes". I don't know if I would call this a bug, but I would hope you wouldn't have to reenter data that you have already entered if you happen to open up a scorecard after closing it. Maybe there is a way to keep the settings from changing if the scorecard is reopened.

Two, if I select the "+" sign in the lower left corner to "Add New Course" but then select "Cancel", I get the following error: "No row with the given identifier exists: 0. of class: Scorecard.Model.Course". If I click the accompanying "OK" button the entire program closes.

Three, if I select the "i" symbol in the lower right corner for "Round Info", I get a window that has the information and a text box that appears to be for entering information. Two problems here. One, I cannot type anything into the text box even though there is a cursor there, and two, I cannot close the window unless I select ALT-F4. I tried ESC and that didn't work.

Hopefully these are isolated to just my machine, but maybe others can try these to see if they too have the same problem.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

• Administrator
One, when I enter in scores and select GIR of "No" on holes, if I open that round up again it automatically changes all of the GIRs to "Yes". I don't know if I would call this a bug, but I would hope you wouldn't have to reenter data that you have already entered if you happen to open up a scorecard after closing it. Maybe there is a way to keep the settings from changing if the scorecard is reopened.

That'd be a bug, but frankly, I have a hard time believing that it's only now been discovered. I have never seen this bug and nobody else has ever reported it.

Two, if I select the "+" sign in the lower left corner to "Add New Course" but then select "Cancel", I get the following error: "No row with the given identifier exists: 0. of class: Scorecard.Model.Course". If I click the accompanying "OK" button the entire program closes.

It sounds to me like your database is goofed up. Have you tried starting over with a fresh (i.e. no) database?

Three, if I select the "i" symbol in the lower right corner for "Round Info", I get a window that has the information and a text box that appears to be for entering information. Two problems here. One, I cannot type anything into the text box even though there is a cursor there, and two, I cannot close the window unless I select ALT-F4. I tried ESC and that didn't work.

You're not supposed to type anything there, no.

You've emailed the developer, right? I suggest you continue on with that discussion.
I can confirm all 3 of those bugs (I just tried on my system). There needs to be an "X" or something to close the Round Info window.

An "x" is ambiguous. Click the "Save" button or the "Cancel" button.

An "x" is ambiguous. Click the "Save" button or the "Cancel" button.

There isn't a Save or Cancel. That's the point. There are NO buttons or anything to close that window. How is an "X" button ambiguous? All Windows users are used to the "X" button in the upper right corner of a window to close it. That's the one I'm talking about.

• Administrator
There isn't a Save or Cancel. That's the point. There are NO buttons or anything to close that window. How is an "X" button ambiguous? All Windows users are used to the "X" button in the upper right corner of a window to close it. That's the one I'm talking about.

I thought you meant in the round entry window - my mistake. In that case, there are "Save" or "Cancel" windows and an X would be ambiguous - does it save or cancel when it closes the window? An "X" has already been added for beta 9 in the Round Info window, and I think all other discussed bugs have been fixed as well.

I'm changing things up now though, so here's the new rules: Email me with your real name and email address. I will create two things for you: 1) membership on our beta mailing list 2) an account in our bug tracking software That way we can avoid the silliness of reporting bugs here in a forum. If you want to beta test this software, please read the above.

• Administrator
Beta 10 is being released today. If you're interested, read the above and send me an email.

Just downloaded the beta. I found a couple of things.

When I open page for a new round, then click cancel, it lists the following error string
System.ArgumentNullException: attempted to refresh null parameter name: obj

Then about 3 more lines of computereeze. The window does close though.

In the "Help" menu, clicking on "Website" the error says "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation". Then Scorecard quits. Same thing for the "Forum" button. I haven't been able to play any golf (still winter) for a while, so later I will dig up a couple of old cards and put them in to see how that goes.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
Just downloaded the beta. I found a couple of things.

You probably downloaded beta 8. We're two betas past that at this point.

If you want to get some of the later versions, "guess" at their URLs or sign up officially by sending me an email with the proper info.

Note: This thread is 5956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!