IGNORED

GPS watch or Smart Watch

Berty42
Note: This thread is 2253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’ve been wanting to get a smart watch with GPS capabilities for golf and some fitness tracking. I’ve looked at the Apple Watch and some Garmin products. Anybody have something they like to use? Just looking for some opinions. 

5 hours ago, Berty42 said:

I’ve been wanting to get a smart watch with GPS capabilities for golf and some fitness tracking. I’ve looked at the Apple Watch and some Garmin products. Anybody have something they like to use? Just looking for some opinions. 

If you search for "Apple Watch" you will see a few threads like this one.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got the Garmin X40 for Xmas and so far I like it.

Haven't got the chance to test the Golf part out yet but for fitness and everyday use I like it.

The golf part looks great.  Shot tracking, front, back, middle and hazards... score card and round analysis.  Can't wait to get out there.  Might get more of that bloody white stuff today.  Tough as yesterday it was almost 70!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

I have an apple watch and a Garmin GPS watch. I use the Garmin exclusively for golf. My Apple watch receives distances from the phone, so you have to have your phone in your pocket to get an accurate number. 

Not to mention the fact when I put on a golf glove and swing I hit the buttons on the side of the watch. I almost called 911 one time. :-P

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

I have an apple watch and a Garmin GPS watch. I use the Garmin exclusively for golf. My Apple watch receives distances from the phone, so you have to have your phone in your pocket to get an accurate number. 

Not to mention the fact when I put on a golf glove and swing I hit the buttons on the side of the watch. I almost called 911 one time. :-P

What Garmin do you have?  I thought the X40 was small enough to not get in the way and have all the features I was looking for plus more!

12 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

What Garmin do you have?  I thought the X40 was small enough to not get in the way and have all the features I was looking for plus more!

I have an older approach S3. Front middle and back yardages is all I really need. 

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

The Samsung S3 is probably worth a look, there are a couple of golf apps with front middle back etc and upcoming course maps. GPS is in the watch so no need to use your phone and also acts as an everyday watch with health apps etc if that interests you. I've been very pleased with mine.

Hi, My name is Matt.

Some good watched here.  Quite the price range too.  Hope this helps you @Berty42

Approach S3 at around $150 - lots of good features

X40 at $250 - lots of good feature

Samsung S3 at $350 - lots of good feature

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, maybe @iacas might. But with the new apple watch having cellular capabilities the watch might be able to now give yardages without the phone. :hmm:

Edited by NM Golf

Note: This thread is 2253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!