IGNORED

New - been playing 15years and no better

Squeakycretin
Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Are you looking at the lessons as "quick fix" or band-aid style, or are you spending time being dedicated to the practice of the proper things?

Also, are you seeing a good instructor, or just any old instructor nearby?

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

I recommend you look into that forum and starting a topic there.

Welcome to TST.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, Squeakycretin said:

still don't seem to score much better

Better scoring takes dedication to practice, improvement in the swing, and on course playing time.
Although you indicate 15 years of play, that could be only a few rounds a year, seldom practice time, etc.
Maybe turn a new leaf, buy better clubs, spend more time on this site and learn the aspects of improvement.

You have to start somewhere and sometime if you want to get better.
Now is the best time....

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Practice more, play more, find better lessons. 

Practice on  the weak points of your game. This, after determining what those weak points are. It's easy to find time to practice. Practice doesn't cost much either. 

Not sure how much you are playing, but if time permits, play more often. If circumstances won't allow you to play more, then practice more.

As for lessons, perhaps the lessons you have already taken, we're the wrong lessons. Maybe you didn't understand them, and apply them correctly. Find a new instructor, or a new source of lessons.

If lessons are not a viable plan, then perhaps you need to start from scratch. Grip, posture, and alignment would be good starting points. Once comfortable with those items, maybe move on to hitting half swing punch shots. Then move on to full swings from there.

Don't ignore your putting practice. Good putts always come in handy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

It has been my experience that Patch is pretty well on target, although it has been my experience that one can not play themselves into a better game.  At one time I was playing 5 or 6 days a week, and at least 27 holes every outing and my6 game stagnated.  I recognized that my weak spot was my wedge game so I cut my actual playing time down to one or two days and spend the rest of the time hitting 150~200 balls a day from various distances from 100 down to 25 yards.  I eventually worked my way to a 5 handicap and was recognized in my league as a pretty fair wedge player.

Edited by PoundPuppy
can't spell :-(
  • Informative 1

Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!