IGNORED

My Swing (StripeIt)

StripeIt
Note: This thread is 2202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 yrs
My current handicap index or average score is: It used to be a 6, but I don't have one now. 
My typical ball flight is: Draw 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: The shanks and a pull hook left. 

Videos: 

Edited by StripeIt

• Administrator

We'd be happy to help, but better camera angles and better lighting (and/or slow-mo video, ideally) would be very, very helpful.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 3/24/2018 at 10:10 PM, iacas said:

We'd be happy to help, but better camera angles and better lighting (and/or slow-mo video, ideally) would be very, very helpful.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Wedge Shots DTL:

3 Hybrid DTL:

5 Iron Slow Motion DTL: 

Are these better? Thanks!

Edited by StripeIt

To me it looks like you get so into the habit of twisting and throwing your arms outwards that your entire swing shifts outside and causes poor contact. I’d need to see a face on view to confirm but it looks like you fire your hips at the same time you fire your shoulders but it should actually go like this: Legs go while shoulders finish the rotation to the top of the swing, and then your shoulders will fire because the hip turn will almost force your torso to turn and hands to be thrown at the ball. You have a good swing so it looks like you’ve taken lessons before. Work on making sure you fire your hips first, then let your upper body follow along. And remember, if you don’t hit the middle, make adjustments and practice slowly until you find a speed you can hit the middle at.

Edited by freshmanUTA

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 1:21 AM, freshmanUTA said:

To me it looks like you get so into the habit of twisting and throwing your arms outwards that your entire swing shifts outside and causes poor contact. I’d need to see a face on view to confirm but it looks like you fire your hips at the same time you fire your shoulders but it should actually go like this: Legs go while shoulders finish the rotation to the top of the swing, and then your shoulders will fire because the hip turn will almost force your torso to turn and hands to be thrown at the ball. You have a good swing so it looks like you’ve taken lessons before. Work on making sure you fire your hips first, then let your upper body follow along. And remember, if you don’t hit the middle, make adjustments and practice slowly until you find a speed you can hit the middle at.

Yeah man, I agree. I don’t get it though— you know how all the pros and every decent player can get their trail shoulder beneath their head on the downswing? For some reason, my right shoulder gets caught up with my head and I feel like it is a cause of inconsistency. Whenever I swing, there’s a whipping motion with my head and I can’t stop it. Do you or anyone else have any advice for keeping a still head on the downswing? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find a single swing tip on this. It’s so bad that I get minor abrasions on my chin from my shirt rubbing against it all throughout my golf swing. 

Note: This thread is 2202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!