IGNORED

Pro Alignment Sticks

Note: This thread is 5158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I see so many tour players using these orange, and occasionally yellow rods for alignment on the range. Does anyone know what company makes these, or where you can get them?

Also, can you keep them in your bag legally during a round by USGA standards?

Thanks!
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not those sticks are not made for golf. They are just reflector sticks that can be purchased at almost any hardware store. I have two myself that I got at Lowe's. They are a great reminder on the range

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I bought some wood sticks from Wal-Mart I found in the Crafts section. You have to search through them to get the straight ones, but they work great.

I didn't paint mine, but I'm sure you could paint them bright orange if you really wanted. The light natural wood color works fine for me.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Justin Rose keeps them in his bag during the round - not sure about on the PGA Tour but he does on the European Tour.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I see so many tour players using these orange, and occasionally yellow rods for alignment on the range. Does anyone know what company makes these, or where you can get them?

Seeing as how my alignment was off seriously today - I hit great straight shots where I was aiming. Too bad I wasn't aiming where I wanted to aim - I should consider picking these up. Keeping them in your bag should be legal, as long as they aren't themselves a club. But using them during the round would be a problem.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

USGA decision 2001-496: This or any similar training tool is not considered to be a 15th club, therefore you can keep it in your bag during any round. You cannot, however, take it out and use it in any way during the course of the round without incurring a penalty.

I use an old shaft for the same purpose. Alignment is so important.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

• 11 months later...
do they help align the putting stroke as well?
just wondering.... i saww my friend using them on the range before a round a couple of months ago,, and i thought about picking some up...

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

They are driveway markers, made of fiberglass, virtually unbreakable, and like Crafty said, available at Lowe's or Home Depot, for about $2 a piece. PS Go to the section with the mailboxes...they are right there.

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

• 5 months later...
Here are your options. Go to Home Depot or Lowes in the mailbox section. They are about $2 each. You might have to remove the reflector on the top, which is very easy.
Your other option, if you are a sucker, is to go to www.TourAlign.com and pay $14 for the "Tour" model driveway marker.

They are great training aides, if used properly.

"You have to birdie the first hole to birdie em all" &
"You have to drink in the morning to drink all day"

I originally replied to this post commenting that I used wooden sticks I bought. Since then I bought the driveway marker sticks from Lowes and love them. They are durable and perfectly straight. I took a lesson with my normal pro and laughed when he broke out a pair. He actually used them to show me a drill to help keep your hands low in the swing and not just for alignment.

Best tool for the money in my opinion.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

• 3 months later...
what are some drills for the sticks if there's alredy a topic on it can you give me the link becuase im new on here.

thanks

driver: Speedline 10.5 aldila nvs 75-S
3wood: Speedline (15.5*) aldila nvs 65-S
hybirds: idea pro black 20 and 23 degree Aldila VooDoo Stiff
irons: idea pro 5-PW true temper black gold s flex
wedges: CG12 54-58-64 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna...

hoime depot, ace hardware, maybe lowes. there made for plows so they dont run over your lawn when plowing snow but they work great for alignment

people put them at their feet and thru their belt loops so they can make sure they are ligning up right
some people use them for putting to make sure they take the club strait back
iv seen people put a ball about a half inch infront of them and hit down on the ball
there also fun to throw when your bored waiting for a group infront of you, you cant throw them like a javolin or just throw them as far as you can so they stick in the ground

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

I picked some of these up a couple of months ago and they have been a great help. At the moment I use them for alignment, ensuring I don't break the wrists too early in full shots or at all for chip shots. However the best I have got from them was to stop me taking the club too far inside the line. My swing path is now a lot more on plane.

hoime depot, ace hardware, maybe lowes. there made for plows so they dont run over your lawn when plowing snow but they work great for alignment

i like the ball about 1/2 inch one i think ill give that a try tommrow although i already put a towl down and a ball about 1 inch away infront of it and its the same thing...

driver: Speedline 10.5 aldila nvs 75-S
3wood: Speedline (15.5*) aldila nvs 65-S
hybirds: idea pro black 20 and 23 degree Aldila VooDoo Stiff
irons: idea pro 5-PW true temper black gold s flex
wedges: CG12 54-58-64 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna...

This is an old thread but I just wanted to point out that the sticks you can get at Home Depot and Lowe's are NOT the PRO alignment sticks.

Tour issue alignment sticks are a little harder to find and more expensive. (~$20 apiece).

Scotty Cameron alignment sticks are the best and that high level of quality is reflected in the price (~$75 apiece)

This is an old thread but I just wanted to point out that the sticks you can get at Home Depot and Lowe's are NOT the

Never heard of "tour" or Scotty Cameron alignment sticks. All the ones I've seen in pros bags are the driveway markers that come from Lowes.

Have any links/pics of these "tour" or Cameron sticks?

Never heard of "tour" or Scotty Cameron alignment sticks. All the ones I've seen in pros bags are the driveway markers that come from Lowes.

I have a source for the PRO alignment sticks and can get you some for a REALLY GOOD PRICE.

Have any links/pics of these "tour" or Cameron sticks?

The Cameron ones were a very limited issue and quite RARE. Only a few people have actually seen them.

Note: This thread is 5158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!