IGNORED

Pro Alignment Sticks

Note: This thread is 5159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone got any links or articles on placement of these for different drills?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a source for the PRO alignment sticks and can get you some for a REALLY GOOD PRICE.

No, thank you. I've have two of the driveway markers from Lowe's they serve the purpose just fine. I was only curious as to why these "pro" sticks were better and if you had a pic of them? I'd love to see why they are worth $40 for two sticks opposed to the $4 that I paid.

No, thank you. I've have two of the driveway markers from Lowe's they serve the purpose just fine. I was only curious as to why these "pro" sticks were better and if you had a pic of them? I'd love to see why they are worth $40 for two sticks opposed to the $4 that I paid.

Don't you know the circle T guarantees perfect alignment every time 10 percent of the time?

Cameron can clearly sell ice to an eskimo... Anyways I paid 5 and change for mine at Ace and they work just fine, put a little rubber cap on mine to avoid scratching the heads on the woods.

In my all black Four 5:
909 D2 9.5 Harrison Saga 60 X
909 F2 13.5 Harrison Saga 70 X
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

The tour versions are pured and frequency matched.

what do you mean?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Pretty sure everything you said in regards to these "tour" sticks is complete and utter

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

Don't you know the circle T guarantees perfect alignment every time 10 percent of the time?

Yeah I agree. I love my SC putter, but SC could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves by simply putting his name on it. The only thing he does is takes existing designs and "improves" them as he puts it. That's essentially his business model.

In regards to the rubber caps, you got robbed. The sticks I got from Lowe's already had rubber caps on them. Mine must be the "mini-tour" versions where yours are the amateur versions.

Yeah, I agree.

I actually just picked up a set a Lowes for the 4 bucks mentioned above....rubber caps and all

Bryan A

I have a couple myself. You can buy them at Lowes or Home Depot. A club is defined as a shaft, with a head attached to the end of it. If it's just a shaft, and no head, it's not considered a club. So it is legal to have them during a round.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Yeah, Phil had them in his bag this past weekend

Bryan A

Would someone link to the lowes website for exactly what you got (that has the rubber caps)?

here is the link, i have two yellow and one orange one.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...638&lpage;=none One side is pointy (looking at the picture from lowes the end on your right) and the other you can somewhat make it out has a little rubber cap as long as you keep that side up your clubs shouldn't get scratched.

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S

I actually did get robbed, Lmao, they only had 3 left and some jackass or asses had stolen the caps from them so i had to go to lowes and do the same. So I kinda have a bootleg "mini-tour" version, as long as no1 wants to spine and oscilate them they will keep passing as the real thing.

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S

TN94z,

Got to see lots of alignment stick drills when I volunteered for the U.S. Women's Amateur Championship this summer. The day I worked the practice range, I saw three primary full-shot drills: ball straight, draw and fade.

Basically, it involves the concept of "railroad tracks" ... the parallel foot alignment - swing path of the straight shot. Fade practice involve opening the sticks as they go forward - open stance - while draw practice involves closing the sticks - closed stance.

Also, you can stick them in the ground 6" apart for chip and pitch drills, and put them on the practice green for putting.

Also, tjy355 was being humorous about pro-grade sticks being frequency-matched and pured. , two things that some high-$$$ players do to their shafts to ensure they work as a "team." Something that lays on the ground, or gets stuck in the ground, doesn't need the FM-P treatment.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Also, tjy355 was being humorous about pro-grade sticks being frequency-matched and pured. , two things that some high-$$$ players do to their shafts to ensure they work as a "team." Something that lays on the ground, or gets stuck in the ground, doesn't need the FM-P treatment.

Nice of you to stick up for him, but you clearly missed the part where he implied that the "tour" and even the very "rare" S. Cameron versions where leaps and bounds better than what we non insider/amateurs use and when asked for any sort of proof came out with that nonsense of puring and frequency matching.

In my all black Four 5:
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S

Nice of you to stick up for him, but you clearly missed the part where he implied that the "tour" and even the very "rare" S. Cameron versions where leaps and bounds better than what we non insider/amateurs use and when asked for any sort of proof came out with that nonsense of puring and frequency matching.

Pretty sure he was kidding, from his very first post. You fished a lot of people in tjy355, good job.

Bill

• 4 months later...
hate to restart an old threat.....but I got some of these sticks at the golf show today for $10. They are red with white in the middle. They are called "tour sticks" & I plan on putting them to use.....once we dig out of 20" of snow lol

Here's a link to what I got....it came with drills...they are on the website:

http://www.toursticks.com/product_in...products_id=34

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

• Administrator
hate to restart an old threat.....but I got some of these sticks at the golf show today for $10. They are red with white in the middle. They are called "tour sticks" & I plan on putting them to use.....once we dig out of 20" of snow lol

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you paid 500% more apiece than they're worth. They're $2 at Lowe's. The link is up above.

Also discussed in the comments: http://thesandtrap.com/pga/pros_on_the_range

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!