IGNORED

Old Dude On The Bench

Patch
Note: This thread is 2217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Patch said:

thanks for the conversation sir

The first time I heard that, I was taken back too.     Great story..

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Patch said:

... it dawned on me that I was becoming that old dude...

Becoming the old dude isn't always a bad thing.  A day ago I dodged a traffic ticket because I reminded the officer of his father when I explained what and why I did what I did. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Awesome, Patch.  Thanks for sharing.

At one of my local practice facilities, we have the 'old guy on the bench.'  Here to find out he's been teaching the area for more than 50 years.  Has quite a resume of youngsters who have gone on to play collegiate golf and maybe a professional or two.

I sat next to him on his bench one time while he was reviewing a HS aged girl hit balls.  Every once in awhile he'd say 'good swing,' or 'ball position,' or something to the girl.  Took notice of those hands.  Meat hooks, more like it.  I though of Arnie after getting a good look at them.  Big, fat fingers on very wide hands.  Leathery texture.

Every practice facility needs to have an older guy on the bench.

• Upvote 1

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

The driving range I went to today was an indoor dome.   Most of the patrons were seniors.   I felt like a junior compared to them.   Almost all of them brought portable chairs to sit in.   Who needs a bench...

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The first time I was called "sir" I laughed to myself because it was true.  When a young waitress called me "hon" I realized I was harmless!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Note: This thread is 2217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!