IGNORED

Another hip video

Ringer
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey folks... a thread in another forum prompted me to make this little improptu video. Thought you all might gain something from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89UIm6p6uT8

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

Thanks for posting the video. It led me to the rest of yours. I have bookmarked them and will watch them when I have some time. Looks like some good stuff!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I do what I can to help people out.

Now if I could just find a way to make philanthropy pay my way through life I'd be sitting pretty.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

I'd consider it good advertising. If I saw those and lived in your area, I'd definitely take the time to seek you out for some lessons.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'd consider it good advertising. If I saw those and lived in your area, I'd definitely take the time to seek you out for some lessons.

I agree with this statement, I too would seek you out if I lived in your area!

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

Same here Ringer. Thanks for posting this video. I wasn't sure of the hip push direction until now. I always aimed for my left heal. Thanks for clearing this up.

Regards, Mark

Here I am at the apartment swinging away with all my clubs using this tip and it feels wonderful. Probably the missing link in my transition to an inside-out stock swing. Fingers crossed. Thank you.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Ringer have been really impressed with some of your videos on youtube, good work.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Hey folks... a thread in another forum prompted me to make this little improptu video. Thought you all might gain something from it.

Good work. I showed these to my brother in law, who is a PGA instructor in Melbourne Australia, who thought your You Tube posts were great.

Great, simple and easy to follow. Hats offe
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

After three years of expensive lessons that led nowhere, I stumbled onto Ringer's excellent posts and videos about three months ago.

To be honest, it has changed my life.

Ringer - you deserve your own Golf channel slot because Leadbetter has nothing on you.

The only training tool I have really is a rating system.

You must learn to grade yourself 1-10 on how well you performed the task. Every once in a while you need to purposely do it WRONG. That's where learning really takes place. Demonstrate to yourself what a 1 is then a 10.. then a 5.. then a 7.. etc.

It's the best tool there is really because it doesn't require a camera or teacher. Only your own ability to observe and evaluate yourself. That is the gateway to mastery.

Great Video...it really put hip turn into a better perspective for me. I think I had gotten to a point where I was turning the left hip out of the way instead of fireing the right hip at the left toe/knee to rotate around the left hip. Now if I can just get the hang of it.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question.
My long-mid iron striking and driving has improved out of sight with this tip. But earlier, I could hit good wedges and was pretty ok from 120 out. Now, I seem to hit a lot of wedges fat. I know it might be hard for you to judge without a video but my question is do you have the same transition in your wedge play too?
Once again, Many Thanks!

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Ringer, great tip on moving the right hip over the left toe. Your video cleared up something that I had been working on with a slide move that I developed but need to correct. Any other advice to fix a slider is appreciated.

I almost started a collection anticipating you taking out your tv set on the rear view forward swing. I was thinking Plasma, but luckily you didn't hit it. LOL.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Ringer,
Wow... I've never seen an instructional video I didn't think was gimmicky and trivial, but this video has proven to be insightful. You've obviously done a TON of analysis on how the hips really move in the golf swing and really cleared up the topic as opposed to muddying it some more.

I've been trying darn hard to figure this out, but instructors always tell me that I look like I'm lunging at the ball. In reality, I'm only clearing the left side without altering my spine angle like you mentioned in your video.

Thanks again for providing yet another piece of the golf puzzle - I'll be subscribing to your YouTube videos now.

Titleist 905R 460CC Driver Fujikura Stiff 8.5
Titleist PT15* 3 Wood Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 980F 19* 5 Wood Titleist Regular
Miura Forged Baby Blades 3-PW NS Pro Stiff
Miura Forged 56* Sand WedgeTitleist Vokey 60* Lob WedgeTitleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design Newport 35"Nike One Platinum...

why buy the cow when you get the milk for free

you are a sincere and purposeful who truly likes to help people and so i don't think your belly will ever be going hungry or a place to lay your head doors and opportunities do manifest for those who live in grace

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!