Gregorino

League Setup

6 posts / 1006 viewsLast Reply

Hola, I am starting a new golf league at work and would like to use an online software package, preferably free, to set up teams, handicaps, etc.  What is everyone using to run their leagues?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

We are transitioning to the USGA system, "Golf Genius".  It is not free.  Barring a TST'er endorsing a free app or software, you might just put "free golf league software" into a search engine and see what pops up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check out IMAGolfer.com.     It was the online software my league used when I worked.   I don't know all of the ins and outs but it seemed to work and everyone had access online without having to print. 

Google "free online golf league management"

FringeGolfers.com is a free golf league management website providing scheduling, scoring, handicap calculation and much more!

Welcome to your free Golf League management and scoring software website that is free and stays free. All the software and tools to manage your golf league over the Internet (web). www.leaguesync.com/

IMAgolfer.com Online Golf League Management & Free Personal Golf Score Tracking. Visit Us on Facebook · Download from App Store · Android app on Google Play. IMAgolfer.com provides Internet Management for both League and non-League Golfers. 

I recall using a Mobile App (Golf Game Book) a few years back which worked well for our application.
Pairings and Tee Times are made, scores are download either PDF or Excel.
The only thing I managed was the team points which I would enter into a spreadsheet.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I had set up the league in fringegolfers and when i had a question they got back to me quickly to explain something that wasn't in their demos.  Now i am having another issue as it won't let me schedule a player because he doesn't have a handicap yet, but nobody does yet because it's week 2 and some players haven't played yet.  It did not prevent players from being paired in week 1 when nobody had a cap.  I emailed them and hopefully they'll get back quickly.  The guy seemed pretty cool and helpful.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Your hands and arms move away from the body as you take it back; that is a disconnected takeaway.  I would try to move my hands back straight or more to the inside--maybe feel like you're going to run your right hand into your right quad as you take it back.  That is the feeling.  However, the trick is to keep the club head outside of your hands.  To do this, as you take your hands "in," feel the club stay "out" and hinge "up."  It will feel like Furyk/Moore/Wolff, but you won't be any where near it.  In reality, if you do it correctly, you'll look like Charley Hoffman and most guys who plane the club up the elbow plane.  What you do is take the club back too flat.  You gotta let that club hinge up. It's not that you have a big turn; it's that you do it incorrectly.  You let your front shoulder drop instead of keeping your level.  Your shoulders should turn 90* to your spine.  You turn too vertically and dip the left shoulder, losing your side tilt.  Look at slo-mo video of new Tiger or 2000s Tiger--he moves off the ball a tiny bit and turns his shoulders behind the ball, but he doesn't dip the front shoulder or lose his side tilt away from the ball.  You lean toward the target when you dip the shoulder; that causes you to jump because if you don't you'll sling the club over the top with that overly steep dipped shoulder.   Maybe.  I wouldn't worry about that; I'd learn how to pivot correctly because even if you shorten your swing, it's no guarantee that you won't fall back into that bad habit.  You're trying to cheat your way out of it by merely shortening your backswing--fix the root problem by turning your shoulders 90* to your spine and keep your side tilt; don't dive bomb that front shoulder.   Video reveals a multitude of sins.  lol.   No.  Your upper body should not be doing that at all.  Your lower body, however, should squat, slide, and turn a little.  The upper body just follows the lower body's lead.  Think about a home run hitter; they plant that front foot and the chain begins.  It'll feel weird but you should rig up a device or stand in the doorframe and take some swings, feeling your head stay back in the downswing while you unleash through the ball.  Once you get that down you'll see a higher ball flight and hit the ball better.    You've got a lot of things to fix here, my friend, sorry to say.  You have a lot of problems I had back in the day, it's funny actually.  I don't envy you, but with diligent practice on the correct things, you can get through it and fix it.  In sum here's what I would work on: - Takeaway: hands "in", club "out" and hinged "up" so you can get the club planing back on the elbow plane. - Backswing: turn your shoulders 90* to your spine--do not dive bomb your left shoulder.  Take practice swings with a noodle next to your head or do them in a door frame. - Downswing: kinda the same as the backswing.  Keep the upper body back and let the lower body lead the way. - If you get the body movements correct, you should find it easier to plane the club in the backswing, and then find it easier to match that same plane coming down.  I would use the v1 app and a tripod to video your swing.  Get that club going up the elbow plane and get it coming right back down it, and you'll pure it.  See the attachments of good ol' Charley for the elbow plane.  You don't get anywhere near the elbow plane as you push your hands out but suck the club in! - Lastly, you need to grab a phone tripod and set it at about hip height and shoot the camera at your hands.
    • More years ago than I care to think about, I read an article by Trevino titled "Aim Left, Swing Right, Hit Straight". This sounds like what your instructor is wanting you to do. The ball should finish on your target line, or, as klineka said, where you WANT it to finish! Back when I played my best golf, my stance was square to the line, but I swung a bit inside out. The ball would start slightly to the right, and a baby draw would bring it right back to the line where my feet were pointing. May buddy is another case in point, where the ball doesn't always go where the feet are pointing. He aims well to the right, throws the club OTT, squares the clubface at impact and pulls the ball into the fairway! Many times his Son and I have stood behind him to see him aiming into a grove of trees about 180 off the tee, only to smack one right down the middle! 
    • Day 22 Day for mirror work and a few Orange Whip work as I had some meetings ALL day.
    • Thanks for the quick reply! Your first point confuses me a bit I can see the takeaway issue but what I feel and what I thought I saw was a more coming over the top motion and I was planning on working on keeping the club head MORE inside on the downswing? Expanding on that or a visual example would be great.  I knew I had a big turn I honestly thought I had even tamed it a bit recently but my swing still looks super long. You think shortening my backswing might help keep me from dipping so low? I definitely see what you mean and it's drastically worse than what I thought I was actually doing.  To your last point should I still be shooting for that movement through the ball but just not being as pronounced?   
    • I agree with this wholeheartedly! And over the past 2 seasons I have acquired a new, "better" putter (at least for me), and practiced the "Do not accelerate" idea you posted on another page. I'm a much better putter now than I was in my 20's! But, even at that, there are some days where I am just "on"! But it's not all mechanics, a lot of it is mental. I look at the line, and it's like there's a paint stripe on the green! All I have to do is roll the ball on that line at the right speed, and it happens. But, the statement I highlighted in bold print might seem to suggest that you CAN practice getting "hot" with other clubs. I don't know if that was the intent of the statement. I'm guessing probably not, since sometimes my ball striking can be "on" just like my putting. The only problem is it never seems to happen at the same time! 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. 99prblms
      99prblms
      (37 years old)
    2. CalcuttaLive
      CalcuttaLive
      (34 years old)
    3. Chipster
      Chipster
      (50 years old)
    4. CollinsJordan
      CollinsJordan
      (40 years old)
    5. joed1
      joed1
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...