IGNORED

Poll: Who is #3?

turtleback
Note: This thread is 1823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who is #3?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. If we accept the premise that Jack and Tiger occupy the first 2 places on the all-time list, who is third on the list?

• Ben Hogan
    • Gary Player
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Tom Watson
    • Arnold Palmer
    • Sam Snead
    • Byron Nelson
    • Bobby Jones
    • Other (please specify)

I was glad to see Snead added to the choices and he received my vote.  Snead had a tremendous number of wins even if it was against weaker competition by 2019 standards.  He also had 11 wins in one season which is great for any era.  I believe that Arnie had the largest impact on the popularity of the game of golf with the exception of Tiger and Jack but that is not what we are voting for.  As for Phil, I enjoy watching his game and he is a top 10 golfer in my book, but IMO he had the misfortune to play during the Tiger era with the most talented golfer of all time.  .

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!