IGNORED

My Swing (JaY_B)

JaY_B
Note: This thread is 5927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a fairly old swing, about 4 months and it sums up just about everything that is bad in my swing but its the only video I have got, so feel free to analyse and criticise to your hearts content.

The Swing

Thanks for comments in advance.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Any feed back at all????

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

cant watch videos in the office. will take a look later. My comments might only be of aesthetic value to you anyway. It is sort of hard to get a few good golfers on here to comment on your swing based on streaming video. Try Danny's swing check. You might be seen around the world that way.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I will send in a video soon, but it will be a more up to date video so that the feedback is at its most useful. Thanks for the reply

The only criticism, if I can even call it that, is you might be a tad quick when clearing your hips. Other than that, you're mechanics are really good. Good tempo, good shoulder turn, good creation of lag and a nice, high, controlled finish.

Good pre-shot, routine, too.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I actually really like your swing, when you uploaded it asking for advice I was expecting some really random, weird swing. Totally not the case, your posture and setup is excellent - your pre shot routine is well controlled but maybe as you get to the point of impact you may just be getting a little quick through the ball. Obviously I am not an expert so don't quote me on this, maybe just try and keep a solid rhythm and tempo and let yourself naturally get through the ball rather than trying to whip through the ball.

However, you do have an excellent swing and I expect you to make progress in the game at an excellent rate!!!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

good stuff Jay - nice swing, good rhythm.

your stance looks quite wide - as the lateral movement of the body towards the target requires a centre of gravity nearer the target. If it works - grand - dont change it - but have a look at tiger - his spine remains in the same place throughout

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xy9GTAENiJA

the hips and shoulders do the rotating. u need to be tres flexible to do it like the tiger though.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

good stuff Jay - nice swing, good rhythm.

These are my thoughts exactly. You have tremendously athletic swing, but your lateral movement could create issues as it adds another variable into the swing. Emulating Gary Player isn't a bad thing, but if you're not 5'-6", you don't have to use the body motion to gain speed.

Hawkeye and Jonny golf, your both right, atm I am working on keeping my feet shoulder width apart at address, and focusing on stable legs on the back swing and down swing in order to keep my height through the ball, my hips tend to slide towards the target on my downswing causing me to dip/lean back through impact.

Thanks for all the replys!

obviously you're a good golfer becuase your on a 5 handicap but no offence you have a unusual looking swing. wide stance and finish position looks a little strange. i'm not trying to say your swing is bad, i just haven't seen a swing like it before

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I did take a look last night.
It seems a little mechanically contrived. It looks like a highly 'coached' swing. I wonder if somewhere down the line, you are fighting your natural grace just to get into certain positions.
But if it works for you and and are making progress with it, you will do very well to discount my opinion.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Finish looks wierd simply because of how active my hips are during the swing, which is partially a result of the wide stance, I have always been mechanically minded in golf so my swing is bound to look technical, will post an updated video soon.

Cheers for replys.

Edit - Stance is wider than usual because of the wind (Incase you can't hear it)

Hawkeye and Jonny golf, your both right, atm I am working on keeping my feet shoulder width apart at address, and focusing on stable legs on the back swing and down swing in order to keep my height through the ball, my hips tend to slide towards the target on my downswing causing me to dip/lean back through impact.

I used to have the same problem with my stance. My feet were past the out side of my shoulders. This restricted my hip movement and caused distance control problems. I worked on it and it made a huge difference.

You have a solid swing. Very Gary Player-esque movement through the ball. If I had any thought it would be that your hips are just slightly quick through impact, but thats not necesarily a bad thing.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

This is a fairly old swing, about 4 months and it sums up just about everything that is bad in my swing but its the only video I have got, so feel free to analyse and criticise to your hearts content.

nice swing.

but everyone did mention the super wide stance (re: wind) It reminds me of an classic/older type of swing like a Palmer or Alliss.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

In my opinion, your stance is a little wide and you appear to be swaying your body instead of rotating your hips through the swing for maximum power. What I mean by this is that on you backswing you lean to your right side and then to the left on your follow through, this may cause wayward shots, keep your head still and doing this will help to start rotating the hips instead of swaying your body. Hope this helps.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Note: This thread is 5927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!