IGNORED

My Swing (Ladysmanfelpz)

Ladysmanfelpz
Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 16
My typical ball flight is: Left to right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Been pulling it as of late, but that can change.  Would like more consistent ball striking.

Finally did proper videos, so thought I'd start a swing thread.  Some things I've noticed is my R shoulder is fairly dropped.  I know it is supposed to be lower, but it seems lower than normal.  Tried to "square up" more after watching the face on vid, but led to awful contact.  I've had some R hip issues before and wondering if this affects my posture leading to the pronounced R shoulder drop.  

Also on the face on I'm fairly ahead of the ball.  This is a PW, and I've worked on swinging down on the ball with high lofted clubs and I guess have gone to this approach.  I make fairly good contact as I'm sure you all can tell, but surprised with how out of control and long my backswing looks.  My follow through I think looks great and balanced.  I've gone to a "just be athletic" approach this year and I feel athletic in the follow through, but by watching shadows and just feel, my backswing does not feel/look athletic.  

Down the line I still notice I am fairly over the top, even though I have been working on this for years.  I've really been trying to shallow the shaft and let it drop behind me, but it still makes its way up by my head.  Thoughts and tips? 

Thanks everyone!

Videos: 

• Ladysmanfelpz changed the title to My Swing (Ladysmanfelpz)

I am definitely not an expert, but I'll point you at a couple of instructional articles:  First, it looks to my uneducated eye that you're gripping the club up into the palm of your left hand.  Check this article:

Second, your feet are pretty square to the target line.  Flaring them open a bit may help you to turn easier, especially if you have hip issues

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest weakness I see is a little bit of hip sway to the right in the face on view. I think fixing this will be big in terms of ball striking.

Check this thread:

Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!