IGNORED

Some Folks......

Patch

Note: This thread is 1244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holiday weekends, some folks should stay at home. 

My wife had to go to super market, and I decided to tag along. Since it was on the way I had her drop me off at golf course. I would hit a few putts while she did her shopping. 

As we pulled into the golf parking lot, just about every parking place was taken. A busy place to say the least. 

The practice green is near the 6th hole. At one point there were 10 carts in n line. Yep, a huge back up to be sure. This back up was also near the club house. Folks were bitching up a storm. Arguing with each other. Yelling at the guys who were waiting in the fairway. They even got a couple of employees out of the club house, and yelled at them. There was some heavy duty name calling going on. 

Me, I thought it was a bit on the entertaining side. Thinking to myself, "what did they expect"? It's a three day weekend for crying out loud. It's suppose to be pleasent day off from the Monday grind at work. 

I realize this is the official start of summer, but some folks are just not prepared for the crowds. Full parking lots should be the first clue, as to how busy it is.

My wife arrived to pick me up. She proceeded to tell me about the arguments going on in the parking lot at the super market. Pissed off folks in line, waiting to check out. Folks cutting off others.Folks with boats taking up 4-5 parking places, and others blocking them in by parking too close. It was a mad house. 

Yeah, we both agreed that some folks should just stay home on long weekends. We will be going to dinner in a little bit, and "gawd damn it" there better be some parking places available ....lol 😃

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Patch said:

some folks should just stay home on long weekends

What was the temp in the desert today in "Southwest, southern Nevada"?

• Administrator

That's funny. There were about five cars in the parking lot when @NatalieB and I went to play golf today. :-) We played nine holes and except for a single that skipped a hole to pass us by, we didn't see anyone else on the course.

In Michigan, you don't travel on US23 or I75 north on Friday or south on Sunday.   The people that travel up north drive like idiots.   A two hour trip takes 5 hours of stop and go traffic on the xway.   We stay home to avoid all of  traffic since this weekend and Labor Day traffic are the year's worse in Michigan.   Road rage at its finest.

Note: This thread is 1244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.