IGNORED

Completely lost my game

Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings mates,

Over the last year or so my game has really fallen apart to the point where I simply never enjoy playing. It has been extremely frustrating considering how much work I put into my game. As of a year ago I had my handicap down to a 6 and was playing some really good golf. Now, my occasional bad shots have turned into bad holes, bad holes into bad sides, and bad sides into bad rounds. 

Its extremely frustrating because I feel like my swing is better than it has ever been before but I just can’t strike it like I used to be able to. I struggle to hit the sweet spot of the club, sometimes hitting the hosel, sometimes all the way out on the toe. A huge issue for me has been chipping with wedges as I cannot stop hitting the ball off the toe no matter what I try. 

I’ll include a video of my swing to show you what I’m dealing with. I’m really just looking for an advice on how I can get back on track.

Cheers

Member's Swings

It's not good when you are to the point where you simply never enjoy playing.   You'll find help here with your swing thread.   Welcome to TST.   

Where are you from?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't help you analyze your swing but I get sideways now and then.  With me is usually is related to tempo.  The way I try and get back to "normal" is to take lots of half swings with wedges, small swings small movements paying attention to tempo and trying to be fluid.

My friends like to point out that on my best day they don't consider me normal.  Good luck finding it.

I don't think you totally lost your game. You just misplaced some key parts of it. Like all thing we all misplace, we eventually find what we misplaced. 

Lessons are in order from a blood hound type swing guru, who can help find the misplaced parts of your game.

If not try this. Slow down your swing to regain some lost balance. Try, say 60% of your normal swing speed for a while. If that shows promise, then move to 70%, and eventually reaching your normal swing swing speed. 

When I have problems with my full swing, I sometimes hit copious amounts short, to long pitch shots, at slower swing speeds. This usually gets my swing tempo/timing/balance back in order pretty easily. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 6/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, JKett said:

It looks like you're standing way too close to the ball from an outsider's perspective. No room to swing on the downswing

Start a ‘My Swing’ thread my friend. FWIW it doesn’t look like you’re standing too close to me.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/11/2018 at 1:49 PM, JKett said:

It looks pretty good until you get to impact where it appears you are trying to help lift the ball in the air. Not terrible on the driver. I imagine it gets worse when the ball is on the ground. 

Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!