IGNORED

My Swing (MikeG719)

MikeG719
Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: On & Off 15 Years
My current handicap index or average score is: 13
My typical ball flight is: Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'm in a weird spot right now because I'm flushing my irons pretty consistently and my short game has never been sharper, but I've lost all confidence in the tee box. I know my right hand is too underneath in the video below so that is something I've been working on but I still feel completely out of wack. I've started to hit these terrible pulls and sometimes its a pull/pop up combo (yikes). Or I try to shallow it out and i push it out right. Any advice is welcome. Thanks again.

Videos: 

17 hours ago, MikeG719 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: On & Off 15 Years
My current handicap index or average score is: 13
My typical ball flight is: Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'm in a weird spot right now because I'm flushing my irons pretty consistently and my short game has never been sharper, but I've lost all confidence in the tee box. I know my right hand is too underneath in the video below so that is something I've been working on but I still feel completely out of wack. I've started to hit these terrible pulls and sometimes its a pull/pop up combo (yikes). Or I try to shallow it out and i push it out right. Any advice is welcome. Thanks again.

Videos: 

Welcome to The Sand Trap and thanks for posting. The camera lines are a bit off for analysis, but I did notice you have a very long backswing. If you watch your transition at the top, the shaft goes from shallow to steep. Most good golf swings do the opposite, steep to shallow from the top, A4, to A6, shaft parallel to ground on the downswing. It may be hard to control the path and face because you are compensating. The right elbow can get stuck behind the torso and an over the top path can result.

Check out the thread below. Just practicing this feel has helped me improve my transition, right elbow and path.

For the camera, from behind, have it along your toe line and about hand high. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You pull your right elbow behind you in your backswing causing path and face issues. Also makes the backswing longer as @boogieliciouspointed out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks for the tips guys. I went out this morning and was trying to practice this and hit some good shots but also caused me to hit some awful slices. Just super frustrated at the moment. Try to fix one thing and two more break.

2 hours ago, MikeG719 said:

Thanks for the tips guys. I went out this morning and was trying to practice this and hit some good shots but also caused me to hit some awful slices. Just super frustrated at the moment. Try to fix one thing and two more break.

Keep at it. Sometimes when you first work on a change, you hit weird shots. But it will pass. Film your practice to see if you are ‘changing the picture ‘.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, MikeG719 said:

Give this thread a read as well. You can't expect to be able to make full speed swings and change ingrained muscle memory. You need to do drills or rehearse specific pieces to be able to get the feel and look of what it is you are trying to change. Changing the way you practice can and will be huge to making incremental improvements.

Edited by Grizvok

Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!