IGNORED

New to TST! Avid golfer who writes about golf

johngoes
Note: This thread is 2108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello All,

I am a native Texan and Army veteran who retired from computer engineering last year. I have been playing golf since 1990 when I took it up as a Physical Education credit requirement while pursuing my BSEE at Lamar U. in Beaumont. Took a 5 year golf break from 2008-2013 when I got frustrated by lack of progress and foot pain. When offered a free round I took it up again for the pure joy of it. 

Last year I joined the Austin Golf Association to play in their competitive tournaments. On my first tournament round at Jimmy Clay I broke 100 for the first time in 10 years with a 95. And that was with scoring triple, triple on the first two holes! I am hooked on competitive golf and play one tournament a month and my average tournament score is lower than my average home course score. My handicap went from 31.2 to 24.6 in the last 11 months so I'm getting better too.

Last month I broke my collarbone in a bicycle accident which knocked me out of golf and my woodworking jobs. I can't play for at least eight weeks so I decided to get writing and what better topic to write about than golf. I have written some 15 blogs about my learnings about golf. I look forward to expanding my golfing horizons by adding new folks to play golf with. If you're in the Austin area and like to play golf with new folks in the area, give me a ping!

Regards,
John G
Cedar Park (Austin) Texas

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, johngoes said:

Hey dennyjones - how do I add my game golf link to the sidebar like yours?

Thanks!

John

Edit your profile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, johngoes said:

Hello All,

I am a native Texan and Army veteran who retired from computer engineering last year. I have been playing golf since 1990 when I took it up as a Physical Education credit requirement while pursuing my BSEE at Lamar U. in Beaumont. Took a 5 year golf break from 2008-2013 when I got frustrated by lack of progress and foot pain. When offered a free round I took it up again for the pure joy of it. 

Last year I joined the Austin Golf Association to play in their competitive tournaments. On my first tournament round at Jimmy Clay I broke 100 for the first time in 10 years with a 95. And that was with scoring triple, triple on the first two holes! I am hooked on competitive golf and play one tournament a month and my average tournament score is lower than my average home course score. My handicap went from 31.2 to 24.6 in the last 11 months so I'm getting better too.

Last month I broke my collarbone in a bicycle accident which knocked me out of golf and my woodworking jobs. I can't play for at least eight weeks so I decided to get writing and what better topic to write about than golf. I have written some 15 blogs about my learnings about golf. I look forward to expanding my golfing horizons by adding new folks to play golf with. If you're in the Austin area and like to play golf with new folks in the area, give me a ping!

Regards,
John G

Welcome! Well there’s plenty of golf everything here. Browse around!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, johngoes said:

Regards,
John G

Welcome to TST.

Please read and understand and follow the rules re: linking to external sites.

Simple rules to follow, but we enforce them pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!