IGNORED

1st Set of Irons

Thumper696
Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

This is a little off the stated topic, but what Drivers in 10.5* should I be looking at. Im ok with a pre owned driver as long as it will benefit a new player.

I really like my XR16, but like most things, what is comfortable for you is most important.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Whats the differences between Tailormade M1-M4 Drivers ? Local PGA Super store by me has several of these preowned from $140-$300.

I don’t think you’d see a big difference in the heads as far as your drives. My opinion is that you’d get more difference among shafts. I think it’s important to test them and see what length, loft, flex/weight and torque works best for you. The technology in all these guys TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, Ping...all pretty darn good. But you can have the flux capacitor super titanium thunder bolt head on the wrong shaft and struggle to hit it. Just my opinion. Many sites are out there where you can do a direct comparison of the different heads if you’re interested in the technology i.e. Jail Break, Twist Face. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I played Mizuno MX-23 forged with True Temper "R" shaft for years and loved them.  Muzuno makes quality clubs, and although the forged have maybe the best "feel" in golf, their cast clubs have a nice feel too.  I've hit many at their irons on demo days and am partial to the forged, but they don't fit everyone well.  You can't go wrong with any Mizuno as long as you pick the right club head and shaft for your swing and ability.  You need to stay clear of blades if you're not a low handicap. Just to throw this in, I play a Callaway Epic GBB with a Project X Hzdrds shaft, 5.5 torque (vs "flex").  I had a Cleveland that I loved, but the Callaway Epic consistently gives me better results  Plus it looks awesome!  Marginal strikes lose very little and I get very good distance and dispersion.  That said, the shaft on any club is critical and you need to find a shaft that fits your swing.  Only way to find that is to experiment or go to a club fitter. 

On 8/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, Vinsk said:

Shaft is very important. You can’t go wrong with any of the big names but I’d be sure to try some different shafts and get it fit to your swing speed and tempo.

This^  The stock shaft in a $500 driver is basically junk. Go see a fitter/clubmaker who can put you on the right shaft and fit it on a head you probably have never heard of. I have a new-old R9 head on a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue S shaft that I was fit to about 3 years ago. Still outdrive my foursome with their "trendy" $400-$500 drivers. Sidenote: I play TA 845s and have so since I was 13. That's nearly 30 years with the same irons. (6 sets)

Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!