IGNORED

New to the Forum

Dunit507
Note: This thread is 2085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok well I have an urge to talk golf with more people. I was a 5-6 day a week player back in high school. I would shoot around par in 9 hole matches 36-38 typically. Lost touch with the game through college until recently. 2016 I got the urge again. This season I upgraded my irons and have been addicted to the game again. I am carrying a 5.2 handicap at the moment. I still play an old Nike SQ driver. Have Ping G, the 2016 model irons, ping glide 2.0 56 and have a pair of ping putters. An anser 3 and a Cra-z. Live about 40 min east of Pittsburgh. That is my background and info. Look forward to meeting good people and discussing the game I love. Totally pumped that I’m going to play in the club championship end of September. Haven’t played individual, competitive golf since I was a senior in high school. Win or lose I can not wait!!!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome here! I am hoping to play in my first club championship this year myself. Play well!

• Like 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My membership covers 3 courses. The home course is the furthest from home. I haven’t been playing it much. Shot 78 back in June. Went back Friday and blew up. Shot 90. 84 today with 44/40. So I closed much better. 16 putts on the back and no doubles. Hit 4/9 greens. Got a little momentum as I was pounding the driver. I gotta focus on this course now until end of September. I don’t know who all the good players are but the guy at the pro shop says if I can go out and shoot mid 70 I will at least make the championship flight. It’s 18 holes on Saturday then the top 8-10 play the championship flight Sunday. I just want to make the flight and see what I can do!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Welcome to TST.  

2 hours ago, Dunit507 said:

Ok well I have an urge to talk golf with more people. 

I do too.  That's why I'm glad you signed up.  More people to talk golf with :-) 

Also you're in the greater Pittsburgh area, which I understand is a hotbed of state-of-the-art golf instruction.  You'll meet a lot of local friends here in addition to people from around the world to chat golf with.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

23 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Welcome to TST.  

I do too.  That's why I'm glad you signed up.  More people to talk golf with :-) 

Also you're in the greater Pittsburgh area, which I understand is a hotbed of state-of-the-art golf instruction.  You'll meet a lot of local friends here in addition to people from around the world to chat golf with.

Thanks buddy! Looking forward to meeting folks and talking shop..... sharing stories both good and bad. Day off tomorrow and planning to tee off around 7-7:30 am grab lunch and do another 9 or so. Putting in work as long as my swing allows. I’ll skip the second round if my swing isn’t feeling right and do some range work if needed.

Wow played the back +1 through 5 today. Then closed with 3 bogeys and a double to top it off. 81 for the day, easily could have been a 77-78

Note: This thread is 2085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!