IGNORED

How often do you go to the driving range?

La Costa Golfer
Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you go to the range?

• Before each round....just to warm up and not to work on technique
    • Before each round to work on technique
    • Once each week
    • Twice a month
    • Monthly
    • Less than monthly
    • Never...hate the range

5 or 6 times a week. In the summer sometimes everyday. Before a round its always just to warm up, never to work on my swing. It's a bad mistake to try and work on a swing change right before a round. I hit balls after the round if there is something I need to work on in my swing.

I'll go to the range whenever its above 40 and light enough durning the winter. During the golf season i go maybe twice a week and get in time with my coach perhaps once a month. I spend the rest of my time when im not playing on the practice green hitting chips and putts.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted once a week, but I go more often than that. Being the high handicapper that I am, I am almost always working on some part of my game.

Mike

i have a driving range set up back at my barn and i'm out there everyday ... was out there tonight but its freezing

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Starting in April, I go everyday and work on about 30% full swing and 70% wedges. After that, I go to the practice green and hit chips, flops and putts for about an hour and a half. Finally getting warm enough to get out on a regular basis again.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

About three times a week which wasn't one of the options.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I'd like to go a couple times a week.

I try to hit for at least 20 minutes before every round, but sometimes I have enough time to get to the course, put my shoes on, chip/putt for 5 minutes, then I'm off to the tee. I try not to do myself that way--practice swings are always a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't go a least once a week then good luck improving. I made a swing change two years ago and it took at least 20 sessions before I could see the difference on the course itself.

I like the short game but let's face it. It is really all about watching a solid strike fly against a blue sky background and then seeing it hit the target. Add a little draw to the equation and .... "heaven"...

Once a week. I don't get a round in every week, maybe 2 a month at the moment max, so I try to make sure I get to the range each week to keep consistent.

I work on curing any problems I have and on hitting targets. If I hit a bucket of 50 balls, I'll hit a selection of clubs from LW or SW to the front greens through PW, 8, 6, 4 ( or 9, 7, 5, 3) & driver. I tend to stick to odds or evens when I am at the range for some reason.

I always have an aim for irons (flags or yard markers) and for driver I have an imaginary fairway width between 2 trees or markers in the distance etc to emulate keeping the ball in play.

After 50 on the range, I'll have 20 mins on the putting green and try to spend some time on the chipping green also, but most of the time its just range & putting (as I get some short game on the range)

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I go to the range much more than the course. I don't have a course that is convenient, but I have a range that I can get to before or after work. I like to go to the range 3-5 days a week, and I usually only play two days a week.

I find it is important to focus on 30 and 50 yd pitches when at the range, as to keep the short game fresh. I don't have a practice area, so I have to work on these shots this way.

Also, I find it helpful to shoot at targets. I used to take the mentality that a well struck ball with good ball flight was a positive, but as my ball striking has improved, I have worked on firing at targets.

I love playing H-O-R-S-E at targets against friends at the range. Gives you the "in the moment" pressure shots, and places a premium on actually hitting the target as opposed to acheiving nice ball flight.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I try to go as much as possible. Since i'm just getting started it's a lot more important for me to practice and get a consistent swing/ball strike. Usually about 2-3 times a week as of late.

In the bag:
10.5* G10 Driver
15* FT 3Wood
19* a3-Boxer 3-Hybrid
mp30 4-PW 55.12 SW Newport 2 Studio Stainlessor G5i AnserLooking for another wedge.

• 5 weeks later...
I need to go more to get my driver going a little straighter; instead I have invested 90% of my practice time this year putting and chipping. Fortunately, it has really paid off.

My web design business

2 to 3 times a week. I have a driving range about 7 minutes from work, I'll get over there and hit balls one day, putt and chip another. I work on fundamentals and swing positions on these days, so that prior to a round all I am working on is where my swing is that day, and warming up.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

2-3 times per week, at the range for a small bucket before dinner or after coffee and before I start working. Then usually just 3-6 balls before each one of our rounds.

I usually just go to the range when I feel somethings wrong with my swing that I need to fix. I've gotten a lot better from just playing. If I do go its just a small bucket to warm up before playing.

Usually once or twice a week, I like to work on my irons one time and then my drive/ 3 wood the other. Although I will admit to going every once in a while just to work out some agression, with no thought on technique at all. I find it to be quite the stress reliever!!!!

Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!