IGNORED

How often do you go to the driving range?

La Costa Golfer
Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you go to the range?

• Before each round....just to warm up and not to work on technique
    • Before each round to work on technique
    • Once each week
    • Twice a month
    • Monthly
    • Less than monthly
    • Never...hate the range

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't vote because I got to the range 5-6 times a week for an hour to 2 and a half hours. Since it is an indoor range I work on form, and tempo. I also practice putting, chipping, and pitching (30 yards, 50 yards, and 75 yards)

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I also didn't vote because...

I usually hit balls before playing IF that course HAS a range. I do this only to warm up and see what game I am bringing to the course that day (A, B, C, or should've stayed home). I also practice putting and chiping before nearly every round.

As far as actually going to the range... I go most in late winter and early spring... but this will change when I move to NC (no offseason).
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I answered once a week, but that's because it's winter. Even though I live in Dallas which doesn't have rough it does have windy days, and windy days and 40 degrees keeps me at home. During warmer months I go 3 times a week on average.

I hate the range, just hate it. half the range is filled with careless, inxonsiderate school people who are jsut there with friends to have a laugh. they create big noises, distraction, and rubbish, although the range does a good job of maintaining the range well.

BUT, if i was there, it would be to improve my swing, maybe get my dad to video tape me and compare it to a pro's swing, then try to improve/perfect to my maximum potential. Mindlessly hitting the ball is just a waste of time/effort/money as you arent concentrating to improve your game.

I could not vote also. I go to the range everday but Tuesday. That is my day off. I hit about 70 to 150 balls six days a week.

Why couldn't you vote? One of the options is "once every week"

Whoops, read your post wrong, sorry for the mix up

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I voted once a month, as that is close to the number of times that I will hit balls in any given year. I usually spend very little time on the practice tee. For one thing, I hate playing from mats, so unless the grass tees are open, I just don't do it. Also, if I don't have anything that I particularly want to work on, it's just a waste of time anyway.

Secondly, I spend most of my practice time pitching, chipping and putting. It's easier on my back, and it translates into better scores on the course than the same amount of time spent banging balls on the range.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do not go as often as I like that is for sure. If I am not working on anything in perticular, I try and play each shot as if I'm playing a round, a few par 5's, a few par 3's, the rest are 4's and off to the putting green.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

i used to go every day or other day when I was in high school (I am now 25). during the season I maybe go every week or other week. I am finding that my game is lacking in the short game area rather than striking the ball. I really need to go to a field and practice on 85 yards and in.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I have found that as I improve, time at the range isn't what does it for me. I think there's a period when you first start, when it's good to learn how far you can hit certain clubs and just generally learn how to repeat your swing. When you achieve a certain (high) level of skill, it's good to fine-tune your shots.

I'm a tweener right now. I can't expect pinpoint yardage and accuracy with my irons, I will not stripe my driver every time, but I already know my swing pretty well. My time is better spent with micro-drills that I can do at home, that just help ingrain good balance and rhythm. However, I would say that, if I had a range with a short-game area, I'd be there once a week, at least.....

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I usually don't go to the range regularly because in Germany you have to be a member in a golf club to be allowed to play. Therefore I can play "for free". So I play even if it is just for 6 holes instead of practising. I visit the range before a tournament or if I really suffer because of not hittig the ball proper.

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

I used to go 4 times a week plus before i played but they have cut the range space down so drastically maybe 6-7 people can be on there at the same time and i dont have the patience to wait around, so now its on game day and maybe once a week if i can sneak out of work for a bit.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted for "once a week" but I try to go more like 3-4 times a week, plus usually before a round to warm up.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I try to go at least one day each week or before a round. And I work on technique.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Swing changes should not be made before you play your round (unless you are applying a specific something from a previous lesson). The before round warm-up is just that: a warm up. i use teh range before the round to warm up my body for the day. I don't mid if I hack it around a little bit.

After the round is the time to make changes. I work on what I did poorly during the round and make any suggested changes.

I also have a set range wrokout for my practice sessions:
1) I work through my wedges and distance control (15 60*,15 54*, 15 PW)
2) Then I work through either even or odd irons (10 stock, 5 draw, 5 fade)
3) Then I got through my woods (10 stock, 5 Draw, 5 Fade)

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!