IGNORED

Upper Deck at the Driving Range

Faxe99
Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is an accurate distance differential from the ground level. I am just a beginner and usually take the empty top level to have some more space to myself...I can hit my irons true but how much distance am I gaining up here? Thank you all!

How much higher is the top level from the ground level?

Rough and dirty:

• Subtract one club for every 15 feet of elevation change. ...
  • Add one club for every 15 feet of uphill elevation change. ...

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are there yardage markers at the top level? If so you can ask an employee if the distances include slope. If it were me, I would get the yardage for targets from my range finder which has a mode to take slope into account. But if I have the choice, I would opt for the ground level. Just my preference.

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would say the top level is about 15 feet up...The range numbers seem to be the same in the field regardless of where you're hitting. I was more working up there getting the ball up and straight and I can really smash the irons now. Driver is still erratic to say the least although I am using late 90s equipment lol. Thanks guys.

• iacas changed the title to Upper Deck at the Driving Range
  • 2 months later...

Working on club distances at most ranges is a losing proposition.  Range balls don’t provide the same distances as game balls because (1) many ranges use limited flight balls, meaning they don’t travel the same as normal balls or (2) even non-limited range balls don’t fly the same distance as normal balls because of their construction.

Use the range to work on your swing mechanics and to get an idea of your general shot directions and shapes.  If you really want to start dialing in distances, I’d suggest a playing courses in off-hours so you can hit multiple shots when it’s not crowded.

Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!