IGNORED

What's the goofiest training aid you've ever bought? ... Seen?

ChetlovesMer
Note: This thread is 2036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I saw this guy at the range this morning. He had this hugely complex contraption that was supposed to be tent-pegged into the ground in front of him. But since our grass tees are now closed at the range he had to instead bring a couple of sand bags with him and weight down the base. Anyway, it was a giant wire structure thingie with a arm that sticks out with a pad on it. Then he leans his head against the pad and hits shots with his head leaning against the pad. I guess it is supposed to train you to "keep your head still." I'm actually not sure if he bought it or built. 

I said nothing as I don't know what the guy could be struggling with in his game and I know as well as anyone when your game is in disarray we golfers will try almost anything. But, I have to confess it looked pretty goofy and I wasn't sure it was actually helping. So I came to the forum looking for a thread on goofiest training aids anyone has ever seen. I didn't see anything. 

What's the goofiest training aid you've ever bought or seen? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of the best I've bought is Orange Whip.   It's not cheap but I'd buy it again.   It has helped me significantly.   

A few years ago I bought a Medicus 5 iron but soon learned I could cheat the hinges and swing the club and still be over the top.     I have pool noodles, coat hangers, small 7" ball, alignment rods and yoga blocks.   

The ability to record video has been one of the best tools I currently have.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My training aid are limited to a pair of sticks, but a regular I see at my DR ever so often has over done it. I stopped counting at his lining up 8 sticks. Some at angles, some for feet some to line up the ball.  Seemed like a bit of overkill, but he hit some good looking strokes.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I remember seeing a guy with a hard plastic vest looking gizmo that was strapped on a golfer's torso.. It had runners (slides ?) that controlled the arms, that I would assume had something to with staying connected during the swing . This contraption has to bee the strangest swing aid I ever saw.

Strangest thing I ever did was during my rehab after the car wreck. I put up a net in the back yard. No big deal there. However, to avoid tearing up the lawn, once a week I would go to Lowes and buy four pieces (2'×3') of sod to hit off of. Did this for 6 or 7 months. When the sod was no longer available, I switched to sythetic materials like door mats, and fake grass.

Oh yeah, at one time, I also owned one those 5 irons that had the hinged shaft in it. I think my inlaw now has it. That was probably one of the better swing aids made for golfers, as long as they were on the proper meds when using it.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

34 minutes ago, Patch said:

Oh yeah, at one time, I also owned one those 5 irons that had the hinged shaft in it. I think my inlaw now has it. That was probably one of the better swing aids made for golfers, as long as they were on the proper meds when using it.

too funny

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Kinda off topic but the funny swing aide things made me think of it but do you guys remember the old Tim Conway Dorf on golf movies. Those were pretty damn funny. The chain hooked downstairs to the top of the helmet. Good stuff. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!