IGNORED

Help Improving My Consistency

Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone first post on this site. I am a great golfer... when I hit the golf ball square. I play with my old man a lot and he says my issue isn't swing basee but more along my stance and aim.

My biggest issues is I Hook it left most days but like today I'll pull a slice on my drives out of the blue. As well as the Hook I hit down on the top of the ball every now and again (nothing like swinging hard and seeing the ball go 2 feet behind you)

Thanks for the help

5 hours ago, Little_Goo said:

Hey everyone first post on this site. I am a great golfer... when I hit the golf ball square. I play with my old man a lot and he says my issue isn't swing basee but more along my stance and aim.

My biggest issues is I Hook it left most days but like today I'll pull a slice on my drives out of the blue. As well as the Hook I hit down on the top of the ball every now and again (nothing like swinging hard and seeing the ball go 2 feet behind you)

Thanks for the help

We have a Members Swing section. Post a video of your swing and we will try to help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back about 8 years ago before I started to take golf serious, the instructor asked what I wanted to achieve.   I said I wanted to be more consistent.   He laughed.    I was already consistent but had many flaws in my consistent swing!   I could repeat the same flaw over and over.   

You need specific target goals.   There are a lot of great videos here and free help.   @boogielicious gave some great advice.  Start a member's swing, it is free and you'll get some great help.  

Check this area out. TST Instructional Content

BTW....Welcome to TST.   

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• iacas changed the title to Help Improving My Consistency
  • Administrator

@dennyjones says it: you are consistent.

That's why you shoot the (high) scores you shoot pretty consistently.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The stance, and aim issues can be helped by using a good preshot routine. It would help by "consistently" settling into your shot, the same way everytime, just before you start your back swing. 

Check out "preshot routines" on You Tube. Find one you'd like to use, or use the info to develope your own. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!