IGNORED

Hello from Southwestern Ontario, Canada and my story so far.

Lookout
Note: This thread is 1962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I have (very) casually gone to driving ranges over the past 15 years and only a few times on the course in that time frame (the fact that I don't really know my handicap shows how little I used to golf (my handicap is too high is all I know)). I work in an accounting firm where the majority of people (and most of the guys) golf. I'm getting into golf because this is something that people in business do. I grew up watching pro-golf at my grandfather's house on Sundays so it's not like I'm completely clueless to the game of golf.

I am currently taking private lessons from a CPGA instructor which I am enjoying. My plan is to take simulator lessons through the winter then I will hopefully have more of an understanding when the spring comes, rather than waiting for outdoor lessons in the spring and nothing doing in the winter.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys, if I can.

Welcome.  I grew up just north...in Detroit.  One of the great things about golf is that you don't have to have been born with a club in your hands.  It doesn't take years to get the hang of it.  The game, and the swing, are not that difficult to comprehend.  It does take a while to get your bearings but the basics do not change.  Bon chance.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST. Nice dedication to be practicing up there in the frigid death land of the North Pole. lol. Browse around here you'll find all kinds of great information and advice. Again, welcome and glad you joined.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/4/2018 at 6:53 PM, Piz said:

Welcome.  I grew up just north...in Detroit.  One of the great things about golf is that you don't have to have been born with a club in your hands.  It doesn't take years to get the hang of it.  The game, and the swing, are not that difficult to comprehend.  It does take a while to get your bearings but the basics do not change.  Bon chance.

I'm about 2 ish hours east of you.

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 1962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!