flashypaws

Any Club Collectors/Dealers Around Here?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

i buy a lot of used golf clubs.  i have a lot of bad habits.  anyways, i come across some cool stuff now and then.  and was wondering if theres any kind of organized market for rare / collectible golf clubs.

thinkin about selling some matched ping eye II becu black dots marked patent pending.  and maybe some K-1's.  same story.  matched, black dot, patent pending.

i figure each set is worth about 100,000 dollars, but maybe thats just what theyre worth to me.  i dont think i paid more than 50 bucks for either set though, so i might have some room to come down a little.

anybody have any idea what these clubs sell for?  or should i just guess a price.  i'm probably gonna guess way too high.  😛

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

3 hours ago, flashypaws said:

i buy a lot of used golf clubs.  i have a lot of bad habits.  anyways, i come across some cool stuff now and then.  and was wondering if theres any kind of organized market for rare / collectible golf clubs.

thinkin about selling some matched ping eye II becu black dots marked patent pending.  and maybe some K-1's.  same story.  matched, black dot, patent pending.

i figure each set is worth about 100,000 dollars, but maybe thats just what theyre worth to me.  i dont think i paid more than 50 bucks for either set though, so i might have some room to come down a little.

anybody have any idea what these clubs sell for?  or should i just guess a price.  i'm probably gonna guess way too high.  😛

I know a couple of guys out in Vegas ...they run a pawn shop. Ask for Rick or Corey Harrison. They’ll take real good care of you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, flashypaws said:

ping eye II becu black dots

Ebay has several sets ranging from $210 / set to $699.   

Edited by iacas
fixed quote as it wasn't @Vinsk's

18 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Ebay has several sets ranging from $210 / set to $699.   

alright.  thanks.  i dont think those are pp sets.  they sounds more like the prices of unmatched and matched sets.  i know i paid 500 bucks for a matched set 3-S with an added L wedge.  (sn doesnt match.)

all i got is that theres one guy on ebay with a patent pending set of k-1's with pitted shafts and chewed up heads, and he wants 1000 bucks for it.

so yeah, i'm probably just gonna go with my 100,000 dollar reserve if i decide to sell em.  😛   thanks again though.

You are in rare company.  Since it is a set rather than a single club, the "per club" cost doesn't really rival the top 5.  At around $10,000 an iron, you might make the top 100.

NTG-Course-First-Article.jpg

Golf is among the most expensive sports to engage in, especially if you're a purist and insist on high quality clubs. Memberships are high, but these pale

Edited by bkuehn1952

17 hours ago, flashypaws said:

alright.  thanks.  i dont think those are pp sets.  they sounds more like the prices of unmatched and matched sets.  i know i paid 500 bucks for a matched set 3-S with an added L wedge.  (sn doesnt match.)

all i got is that theres one guy on ebay with a patent pending set of k-1's with pitted shafts and chewed up heads, and he wants 1000 bucks for it.

so yeah, i'm probably just gonna go with my 100,000 dollar reserve if i decide to sell em.  😛   thanks again though.

You are low-balling them. Post with a Buy-It-Now of at least $1,237,493. They will sell out immediately.