IGNORED

Loss of Speed on the Course

Note: This thread is 1955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually got to walk 18 today and noticed that for some reason I don’t swing as fast on the course. I practice with my gc2 here and there at home and while I know I likely get nice and warmed up/in a groove on the simulator, I didn’t expect too much of a drop off on the course.

For example, I had been getting about 124 mph ball speed with my 6i for an average good hit. Sometimes I can jump up as high as 129 or drop to 118 but for a typical good shot I’m now getting around 124. Well today I was a good half a club to a full club short. The ball speed was down to reflect that. For example on one particular par 3 today, it was playing 195 to a back pin. My 5i is usually my 191 carry club with a ball speed of 129. I hit it well but I looked at the gc2 (I bring along for tee shots) and I saw it only had 125 mph ball speed and carried 184. I still caught the green but I figured I would’ve been a bit closer.

This story played out pretty much throughout the bag of being “just off” on the carry. I got around fine. I hit a lot of my trajectory windows and had a nice push draw going, but I missed short a lot. Why is this? I felt like strike was ok because like I said the only real issue was lack of ball speed. All my usual parameters were met for launch direction, push draw, launch angle, etc. It just felt like a job to get the clubhead to sling through with any speed.

Y’all had those days? How do you get yourself to swing the clubhead with the speed you know you can muster? Perhaps I was just tired or something. It’s been a while since I walked 18 holes. Plus the back nine is quite steep. You really gotta get your head low and push that clicgear up those steep hills lol. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Loss of Speed on the Course

Every day is different, and YOU are different every day. What were the temps like there today? Did you have to wear heavier clothing to maintain body temp? A lot goes into it. Besides, I'm kind of envious. You got to play, I did not. We got an inch of rain yesterday and flood warnings are up, so even if it was warm enough to play every course in the area is a swamp if they're even open.

And I can't remember the last time I hit a 5 iron 190! 

I certainly can not even relate to those numbers, but do experience some of the same things. Some days I can only hit fairway metals and hybrids, other days its irons. No particular reason I can see. I just have to see what works on a particular day. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I would say a big part of it may have been related to the walking if you don't usually walk. I could see that easily taking enough out of you to make up that difference. Not to mention as @Buckeyebowman mentioned, the heavier clothing could have came into play if you the temps required you to wear it.

On a side note, what part of TN are you located? I am in Western TN myself.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 1955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!