IGNORED

Skiplagged Opinons? Experiences?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a little late discovering this plane ticket service. Apparently there are caveats to the low price tickets. Anyone use this? What was your experience like?

background.jpg

Skiplagged is an airfare search engine for cheap flights, showing hidden-city ticketing trips in addition to what sites like Expedia, KAYAK, and Travelocity show you. Save up to 80% on airfare today!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is something I know I wouldn't want to be a part of..  It may be legal but I'd be pissed if my flight was held up because a passenger didn't show and we waited for them. 

"In addition to revoking elite status and invalidating frequent flyer miles, an airline has every right to refuse you service, bump you from future flights — whatever revenge they see fit."

You may never be able to fly on that airline again if you are flagged...Definitely not worth the potential savings.   Prior to your post, I'd not heard of it.   Thanks for sharing.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have used it. It feels a little strange when you do it. Like I am being a bit of a criminal. 

I used it to fly from PDX to Phoenix. I booked a flight to Honolulu. Which was really hard to think about not getting on the next flight. My price was $980 to fly direct and $325 with skiplag. It was hard not to do it. Skiplag did not have a deal going back. So you should not expect that you can work it out each time. 

It was a work trip and getting miles is one of the perks of being away from my family so I wouldn't do it regularly, but for a personal trip I would definitely look at it. 

The airlines bust your balls all the time. Heck, they are trying to counter this trend but not allowing carry ons for many of their flights. Bastards. I feel no guilt using this once in a while. 

Michael

• 1 month later...

We are watching the neighbor's dog while they go on a cruise.   They used Skiplagged and flew from Grand Rapids, MI to Orlando for a little over $200.   They are returning in 10 days the same airline again for a reduced rate. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
17 hours ago, dennyjones said:

We are watching the neighbor's dog while they go on a cruise.   They used Skiplagged and flew from Grand Rapids, MI to Orlando for a little over $200.   They are returning in 10 days the same airline again for a reduced rate. 

If the airline lets them. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The airline will always win in the end...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!