IGNORED

My Swing (zander1994)

ZANDER1994

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 17
My typical ball flight is: Push Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull

It's still several months before it warms up here in Minneapolis, so I recorded myself warming up with a driver and 7 iron before a round of virtual golf on Lifetime's TruGolf simulators. I've noticed I really cast the club (especially with the driver) and seem to hump the goat no matter what club I'm using. These are things I will be working on in 2019 to hopefully improve my accuracy.

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

Here is my first lesson ever (just had one at Golf Galaxy on Saturday). I was struggling with hitting a few push fades recently which is not my standard golf shot. Some adjustments to the grip fixed it right away, but I think Clint provided me a lot of other really good swing thoughts.

http://www.v1sports.com/Academy/include/player.asp?academy=GGXY&accountid=2414958&swingid=4340187

Edited by ZANDER1994

6 hours ago, ZANDER1994 said:

Here is my first lesson ever (just had one at Golf Galaxy on Saturday). I was struggling with hitting a few push fades recently which is not my standard golf shot. Some adjustments to the grip fixed it right away, but I think Clint provided me a lot of other really good swing thoughts.

http://www.v1sports.com/Academy/include/player.asp?academy=GGXY&accountid=2414958&swingid=4340187

You need to post the video to YouTube then embed it in your post.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...

It’s been 3 years since I posted a swing video but this offseason I am planning on doing a lot of work on my swing (I’ll be taking lessons every 3 weeks for 4-5 months). I just had my first lesson and we are working on shallowing out my swing, neutralizing my grip and getting me to stand closer to the ball. The first video linked here is my swing at the beginning of the season (showcasing my steep over the top move) and the second video is my swing today 10/21 about two weeks after my first lesson. I am currently a 15 handicap. I shot 12 over twice this year and one time shot 9 over. 8 iron in both videos.

As someone who did this last summer and then had a tantalizing but disappointing season this year, remember that you need time to make the major mechanical adjustments sink in but then you also need time to learn how to hit shots with those new mechanics. Or at least I did (after doing all my mechanics work into a net).

On your swing, it isn't nearly wide enough at the top. Among other things, that makes it way harder to shallow the club on the down swing. And it's really difficult to change from a steep to a shallow down swing regardless! At the top your right arm should be making at most an 80˚ angle. And many (most?) are closer to 90˚. The drill that got me over the hump was to take a kids swim floaty and put it just above my elbow such that at 90˚ I was solidly starting to squeeze it and it felt like a major squeeze if I tried to close my elbow any more than that. Then you'll really feel it in your swing when you get narrow and fold your elbow at the top. It'll feel like you're taking like 1/2 swings in order not to fold too much.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.54.26 PM.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades