IGNORED

My Swing (benit0)

Benit0
Note: This thread is 1693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 17
My typical ball flight is: fade, slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

I`ve been to the golf simulator lately and ask my step father that was playing with me to record my swing. The lights are not so good but I think the front view video is good enough. I added 2 back view video that are of less quality, hope they are good enough. Basically, I`m trying to get rid of my slice, it`s less dominant than 2-3 years ago but still there. And i want to have a higher launch with my driver, the simulator was around 10 degree launch all the time. One thing that annoyed me with the driver is that sometimes I lost my balance at the end of the swing. Also, I don`t know why but my front foot is always rotating to the target line at the end, I am not able to keep it in it`s initial position at the finish.

Videos: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Pulls and slices?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing - Angles matter. The DL videos aren't great.

So anyway… any chance of getting the videos in high speed? Do you spin out and finish on your back foot with irons, too?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I do spin out with iron also. And yeah with the irons I do pull occasionally.

I`ll try to get my hands on an high-speed camera, the video were recorded with an iphone. I`ll try to go to a range and do some new videos. I`ll do some with irons too. I had a feeling the video were not good enough. Did the face-on view is ok or the angle are not??? I get that the down the line are not great quality but I tough that the face-on view was ok.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Benit0 said:

I do spin out with iron also. And yeah with the irons I do pull occasionally.

I`ll try to get my hands on an high-speed camera, the video were recorded with an iphone. I`ll try to go to a range and do some new videos. I`ll do some with irons too. I had a feeling the video were not good enough. Did the face-on view is ok or the angle are not??? I get that the down the line are not great quality but I tough that the face-on view was ok.

iPhones do high-speed video.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know they can do it, but it`s not mine 😄. I have a canon powershot SX240 HS and in the settings you can set it to high speed 1080, it should do the trick. I`ll try to go to a range soon and record myself with driver and iron.

8 hours ago, Benit0 said:

I know they can do it, but it`s not mine 😄. I have a canon powershot SX240 HS and in the settings you can set it to high speed 1080, it should do the trick. I`ll try to go to a range soon and record myself with driver and iron.

240fps works fine. I would also recommend editing the video for length.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Since @iacas ask me if I was spinning out with irons, i've practice at home in front of a mirror to have my weight on the heels of the front foot at the end of the swing with my hands cross on my chest, no club and no ball. Still working on it but I like the feeling.

When to a indoor range with a high speed camera. Here are video with PW, 7I and Driver. Hope the angle are good. It's the first time I see my swing in slow motion, you can analyze it better that way for sure! On the driver swings, you can see on the last swing I lost my balance.

since watching my video, i've notice that the clubface is open (pointing toward the sky) at the top of my backswing, is that something that I should worry about??

For now I will focus on transferring my weight to the front foot during my downswing but was wandering about the open clubface.

Oups, my bad. You are right it's considered closed, thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure, that is why I specified pointing at the sky 🙂

Edited by Benit0

I always had confusion with that. I think the most intuitive guess is that if its pointing towards the sky the its open . I always played with a very strong grip and that caused my to close the face quite a bit. Since changing to standard grip from interlock i don't have such a strong grip anymore(I think) and I'm hitting the ball quite straight. I saw your swing and i am no expert but the club face does not seem that closed to me. Work on your balance and in transferring the weight smoothly from right lo left foot during the down swing.

Again I'm no expert but i think you are cutting the ball quite a bit by coming over the top. Try practising in slope with your feet below the ball. I have seen that that helps people come a little more from the inside in the down swing.

20 hours ago, andrewshawl said:

Work on your balance and in transferring the weight smoothly from right lo left foot during the down swing.

I assume you talk in right-handed golfer term, since i'm a lefty it should be from the left foot to the right. I'm used to switch instruction side 😊

Thanks for the tips, I know I swing out to in and i'll try the practice in the slope to see if it help. Right now i'm really going to focus on weight shifting, after that if I am still a lot out to in i'll work on it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benit0 said:

I assume you talk in right-handed golfer term, since i'm a lefty it should be from the left foot to the right. I'm used to switch instruction side 😊

Thanks for the tips, I know I swing out to in and i'll try the practice in the slope to see if it help. Right now i'm really going to focus on weight shifting, after that if I am still a lot out to in i'll work on it!

On 2/16/2019 at 2:39 AM, Benit0 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 17
My typical ball flight is: fade, slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

I`ve been to the golf simulator lately and ask my step father that was playing with me to record my swing. The lights are not so good but I think the front view video is good enough. I added 2 back view video that are of less quality, hope they are good enough. Basically, I`m trying to get rid of my slice, it`s less dominant than 2-3 years ago but still there. And i want to have a higher launch with my driver, the simulator was around 10 degree launch all the time. One thing that annoyed me with the driver is that sometimes I lost my balance at the end of the swing. Also, I don`t know why but my front foot is always rotating to the target line at the end, I am not able to keep it in it`s initial position at the finish.

Videos: 

Hi bud I’d say your slicing it from coming slightly over top and getting no lag in the club,try swinging like a baseball bat it might help u and try not to break that left arm,keep it nice and straight,hope that helps u bud,but don’t take my word I’m self taught but works for me cheers 

I've never tried that drill. I'll give it a try next time on the range. When to the indoor dome yesterday and practice with focus on weight transfer and swinging less out to in. The dome is only 90 yards longs but I like the contact and feelIng of it. As soon as outdoor range are open I'll be able to see the complete ball flight. Just have to wait for the snow to melt! Or go to a simulator.

• 3 weeks later...

When to the simulator yesterday and i'm very pleased with the result! I've been doing 5 minutes daily drills without club and ball to have a better weight transfer and balance through the swing since I've been spinning out. I'm still having a hard time with the driver, don't know if it's because the plane is more shallow and there is also spine tilt involved. But my striking with the irons was fantastic. I've notice on the numbers that my swing path was a lot less out to in (8-10 degree out-to-in is now 1-2 degree most of the time). My miss with the irons were still pretty straight and less frequent. Sadly I wasn't able to record my swing but i'll do it when the outdoor range open.

On chip shot, it helped also since I had a lot of miss that I forgot to rotate my body and went all arms on small chip. Now with the better weight transfer it's a no-brainer and I don't forget it.

As for the swing speed, I haven't seen significant change due to a better weight transfer, but overall I was more consistent with direction and distance so i'm very pleased! Can't way to try it for real on a course to see if it translate there also.

• 4 months later...

I've noticed recently that my weight was too much on the toes. I was wondering if this can result in spinning out?? I've adjust my setup to have a more balance weight distribution and my contacts are way better with the irons, I have less fat shot and finish my swing more balance. I'll focus on that and when it will be fully integrated in my swing, i'll work on my out-to-in swing path.

Note: This thread is 1693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!