IGNORED

London Area Golf Courses

klineka
Note: This thread is 1776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my wife and I are planning a trip to London, Rome, and Naples in September and I think I want to try to get a round in when we are in London. 

Any recommendations for golf around London?

I'd prefer something a little more links style if possible but open to pretty much anything, and I don't mind paying a decent amount if it's a good quality course too.

Edited by klineka
Title Clarity
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are countless great courses in the London area.  The place I would recommend is Sunningdale. It is two courses Old and New...both rated in top 50 in the world. They are very accepting to visiting play....250 for a round 350 for two...I would try to play both as they are near equals in quality.  If that's not helpful....I'd say go to google maps. Put in your place...then golf courses near by. Many of the best Swiney Forest, Walton Heath are quite private and not receptive mostly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want links within reach of London it has to be Kent. Royal St Georges, Royal Cinque (pronounced sink) Ports, Princes. I'd say Cinque Ports was the most appealing. Royal St Georges is one of the two or three top rated courses in England, but it's an absolute beast.

• 1 month later...

If you don't want to pay 100's of pounds there are some decent courses in and around South London /Croydon where you can test your game . A lot of the big money courses for me are so to keep the riff raff out rather than them being great courses . Snobbery comes to mind and the difference you will pay will not reflect some great leap in quality .

Addington Palace  , Croham Hurst  and Mitcham  are all very well kept courses with differing challenges that wont break the bank . 

Note: This thread is 1776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!