IGNORED

Which hybrid(rescue) are you using? What is your dream hybrid?

oooasdf
Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which hybrid are you using?
What would you buy if you can get a new one?

Evil in your head: It's time to get a new one!!!

Driver: 909 D Comp (R)

Hybrid: None

Irons: Rapture V2 4-9, W, S (R)Putter: Studio Selet Newport 2Bag: TMX Stand BagShoes: :Tour 360 II

Which hybrid are you using?

I like my Nike Slingshot. My son swears by this Muzuno hybrid.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I'm currently playing a Srixon 18* hybrid. If I had to switch I would switch to the Adams Idea Pro Gold. I always play my Srixon so well I can't think of a reason to switch.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

I'm using the Adams Idea Pro Gold 2H and 3H, which I considered to be my dream hybrids before I bought them, but after playing 4 rounds with them I'm not really sure if I like them as much as my Nike Slingshots.

I absolutely love my slingshots, they're the best hybrids I've ever used, but a friend of mine said the Adams were even better, so . . . . I guess I'll play another 10 rounds with them before I decide. The Adams are great when I catch them clean, but not as good out of the deep stuff, I'm finding.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I have always done well with the Nike rescue clubs. I started with the original red ones (CPR?) and now have a 5 and 6 in the old black style (slingshot maybe?). For some reasons the Nike just fit my swing. I actually carry the 5 *just* for getting out of fairway bunkers..
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

adams idea pro gold 18* aldila vs proto 80s

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I use a Walter Hagen that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods. It has moveable weights so I thought it was "cool". I did not like it when I first used it but I reshafted it and I love it now. If I ever got a new hybrid I would probably go with a Cobra.

In the : Nike SQ Tour Bag

Driver: Speed Pro S Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood: Speed Pro X/ST Stiff 15*
Hybrid: Walter Hagen 21* Aldila NV Hybrid 85-S Shaft Irons: RAC LT2 4-Sand StiffWedge: Z TP 60* Putter: Rossa Lambeau Ball: TP Red Grips: Golf Pride Dual Durometer

I use a Cobra DWS baffler in 23*. But I was one of the first on the hybrid bandwagon with a 26* Nike CPR wood. My dream hybrid would be the DWS with a 1/2-1" shorter shaft. Any hybrid that has a shaft closer to the iron shaft length than the wood shaft length is a great idea I think.

No hybrids. Had a Dunlop 5, then a TaylorMade Mid Rescue 2, and for a brief time a Titleist 585H 5. Also tried several at the golf store.
I'm very happy now being able to hit my 4 iron and I'm loving my Nike 4 wood...I can choke up on it and hit a nice shot just past my 4-iron, or I can give it a swing and get it out there 230-240...very versatile for me.

Maybe one day I'll try some hybrids again. My favorite one to date was the Dunlop LoCo 5. I don't know what it is about that club, but it was great from everywhere...rough, sand, fairway. And why don't I have it anymore? Because the wife tried it and kept it!

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Im more than happy with my 3i TaylorMade Burner rescue. it is extremely easy to hit, and will go 220 with very little effort.

Ditto. Although mine broke because I took it out of the bag when I put it in my trunk, and I stupidly propped it up slightly, causing it to snap when someone's bag was out on top of it. Currently being repaired.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Adams in my signature. It's good, but not the best I've hit. I'll most likely be picking up the new Titleist 909H in November.

I'm thinking of replacing my 3wood with a 15* hybrid and then adding a 19*.

907D2 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63g Stiff
905R 9.5* Accra SC75 Stiff
HiBore 15* 3 Wood Aldila NV85 Stiff
20* Pro Gold Hybrid Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX
AP2 4-P,W ProjectX 5.5 Vokey Spin Mill 54.10 & 60.04 Studio Design #3 Cut to 32.5" ProV1x All #6's

I just assembled a set of Snake Eyes Viper Tour Blacks. I made a 2H, 3H and 4H for myself. I've yet to hit them.

I'll say this, though -- for a Golfsmith component, those things look to be top-notch in quality. Interchangeable weight ports, too. I believe I'm going to like them a lot but will report back after a few rounds.

Jess

It's hard to say, I like my Cleveland XLS, it launches high and is easy to use but I also idolize the Titleist 585h for it's iron like behavior. Like many of the others I am also curious of the hype behind Adams as well.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

See sig for hybrids used.

My dream hybrid is the one I use on very long par 5's that leaves me tap in eagle putts, and on very long par 3's leaves me tap in birdie putts.

My hybrids have left me quite a few of those this year so cant complain :)

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Nickents that are in my sig. The box that my set came in acutally said "King of Hybrids" and I see no reason to doubt them.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

I have both the 2i and 3i Cleveland Halo's. I like the look at address and they both have the buttery soft feel that provides the spin I need to stop on the green and the distance I need out of the rough etc. Plus, I got the 2i a couple months ago on eBay, brand new for under $50. I like them so much I have take out my 3W and 5W and feel I have more confidence with the hybrids.

Find a model that you like, maybe even an older model, and you will be surprised at the deals you can find out there.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!