IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

I think in Jack's time, good players had a larger advantage because the equipment was a harsher judge of ability. Today's drivers and golf balls I think level the playing field a bit more and it's even more impressive that Tiger has the dominance he does.

I wonder how much money Tiger has made for the PGA, players and equipment manufacturers? The game really hit a new level of popularity because of him and how often do you see total hacks at the range or on the course with a brand new set of Nike everything?

Tiger's great; but to do what Jack has done, with a lot more competition, using what, today, would be considered

Isn't that what Phil said about Tiger a few year back???

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So far Jack, Tiger hasn't done what he has, yet!

I'm positive in years to come though, Tiger will surpass.

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

I voted for Tiger, but I did not see Jack in his prime so what do I know....

I know one thing for sure, Tigers swing is looking real good after the surgery.

What I Play:
Ping Rapture V1 9° stock UST stiff | Taylormade V-steel, 15° and 18°, UST Proforce V2 stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Project X 5.5 | Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08/58.12 | 35" Scotty Cameron Studio Select | Titleist Pro V1 | Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

I have seen both. Take this with a grain of salt, but I don't think Tiger will win four more majors. His swing seems too "violent" to me, one that will do him a disservice as he ages and injuries take their toll. I think he will have to retool it again at some point in the near future and scale it back.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Jack all da way!

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Tiger is the man! But I've never seen much of Jack Nicklaus' play, cause I'm too young, so I might have changed my opinion if I were some 20 years older. Still, Tiger has won 14 majors this far, and he's 33 years old, 13 years into hos professional career. He's still young, and he's still got what it takes to win. But I think it will be easier to say that Tiger Woods is the best player out there after he's ended his career with 30 major wins

In my Sasquatch Tour Standbag:
Sasquatch Driver
Launcher Fairwaywood (5 and 3)
OSS Slingshot irons
60° and 56° CG12 DSG RTG+ WedgeOlyo 52° wedge OZ putter T-130 One Tour ball

Toss up, it'd be interesting to see them playing in prime shape together. I wonder if you took away alot of the technical advances made recently how similar Tiger would be to Jack's play in the day?

If you can't lead 'em with a stick, beat 'em with a carrot!

In the Monza Featherweight:
r7 460 TP
r7 TP Fairway Woods (3 & 5) r7 TP irons (3-aw) RAC Chrome 56° & xFT TP 60° wedges White Hot XG Sabertooth putterBoring, I know, but why stray when you like what you've got?

Tough to say since they're from different eras. I'd say Tiger has done more for the game - awareness, athleticism, diversity. If Tiger wins more majors, he'll have the title of greatest, but until then, it's probably a toss up.

Tiger all the way

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
In my R7 Staff Bag
Driver R7 SuperQuad 10.5* - Stiff3 Wood 2009 R7 CGB Max - Stiff3 & 4 Hybrid 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite Stiff5-SW Irons 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite StiffWedges Vokey 60* & 64* Spin Milled Black NickelPutter Ping...

Jack but it's pretty close.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

I have to say tiger because when you take tigers best game ever vrs jacks best game ever tiger blows him away i dont believe you can go with majors yet because tiger is not done playing yet