IGNORED

Wii Peronal Golf Trainer (Video Game of Sorts)

XMScott
Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind giving it a go if I ever got the chance but I'm not quite convinced that it would be a great way to analyse your swing. There would be movements of other parts of your body that can't be captured by just the balance board and the controller that affect your swing so that's an issue. It's a cool concept though and if it got taken forward with newer technologies (motion sensors perhaps?) they could be onto something there.

It's an interesting concept but there are so many variables to what determines a perfect golf swing, that I have a feeling it could potentially do more harm than good.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

It's an interesting concept but there are so many variables to what determines a perfect golf swing, that I have a feeling it could potentially do more harm than good.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I think a console game like this that really tracks all of the movement in the golf swing is going to take a few more years.

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

It's a good thing I don't have much faith in a computer to tell me these things. Because the TW games are already making me want a Wii sometimes. This would just put me over the edge.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Google the name of the developer and you'll see they have a stunning track record of producing the worst-reviewed games ever made. While I agree, the concept is pretty damn cool, the execution will probably be shit.

It uses the Balance Board too.

Could actually be really cool if they made a golf club you could attach the Wii remote and Wii Motion Plus too. And someone besides the worst developer on earth were creating it.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I think it might be a good tool to tell whether or not you're shifting your weight properly. Other than that, I'd just get Tiger 2010.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!