IGNORED

Official Big Break VI (Trump National) Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 6327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unless one of these contestants moves on to at least make a cut on one of the top tier tours soon, won't people stop watching.?

What about the various Tours not finding much benefit in granting these exemptions anymore??? Golf Channel buy exemptions???

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Bri didn't go home last night. She's the cutest.

great minds think alike...

I'll make 3 for that vote... I just feel bad that she got stuck with that weird guy Kelly.

Count me in on Bri. I'm not really watching this season, but I was flipping around and caught a glimpse. Goodness, she's purdy.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

That Kelly guy seems like a whack job.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

As for Donald Trump, I could do without seeing him. However, his golf course is beautiful from what I've seen. I'm not even sure how many golf courses he has these days.

I second that. Although I am entertained by him on the apprentice and I think the fact that he just likes to make money, I'm not sure if I enjoy seeing him on this show.

As for the contestants. What happened to those chicks in Hawaii, or that barefoot guy?

Aloha,
E
Getting To Scratch | Wie Blogging

Last night was pretty good. I am enjoying this season so far because there is so much pressure on the team's relationship with each other. Bri and Kelly just about exploded last night, but they got through things ok and dominated in the elimination challenge. Well, Kelly dominated. I think Bri was still shell-shocked from the morning events.

I'm a Bridget fan, so I will be cheering for her team. Judging by the previews, however, it may not be good for her next week.

I liked Kristy or Christy or however it is spelled. I didn't want her team to get eliminated yet, but it happened. Neither hit the shots when it counted the most, so they deserved to get the boot.

I'm looking forward to next week's show. What did everyone else think?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do think Bri is cute. I can see why she wanted a different partner (Kelly seems a little out there) but he was really on his game last night. Can't argue with success, and he carried that team last night.

Of the male golfers, I like Albert, because he seems very cool and doesn't get rattled very easy. Seems very comfortable with his game. I also like the fact that he's a tradesman - my father's best partner in club tournament play was a carpenter - an older guy who was a natural athlete, much like I imagine Albert is. I also like Rocky, just because anybody with a name like Rocky Rockett deserves to stick around. I heard that he made his living playing high stakes wager matches in his younger days, and reads the bible every night. Very cool.

I could do without Trump. My father and I had a brush with Mr. Trump many years ago. We were fishing a tournament out of the Nantucket Boat Basin. My father was friendly with the dock master and we noticed he was preparing a very large berth. Apparently Mr. Trump's very large yacht was coming in for a visit. When it finally showed up, it had to anchor outside the basin and they sent a small boat in to take soundings. It turned out that there wasn't enough water for the yacht to safely come in. Mr. Trump came in for a visit anyway on the smaller boat. We were talking to Georgy (the dock master) when Mr. Trump came in. He came up to Georgy and said he wouldn't be bringing the yacht in. Georgy said, "Gee, that's too bad Mr. Trump." Trump said, "Don't worry Georgy, if I like it here, I buy the place and have it dredged." Trump then walked away, and Georgy (a crusty old New Englander) turned to us and said, "I hope the hell he doesn't like it here." To my knowledge, the basin wasn't dredged so Trump mustn't have been too impressed.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Im glad that Kristy's team got eliminated. She won't need the exemption anyway, because she already got her big break, by finishing 4th on the futures tour and earned her LPGA tour card for next year. She might be missing out on all the other goodies, but that is not what the show is supposed to be about anyway.

I am middle aged so maybe I am missing something. But I think the little aussie is by far the most attractive. Slender, cleans up nice and looks like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Bri would be high maintanence.
I think Albert has been the most impressive player of the guys. He may not have technique you would teach to anyone but he clearly is a guy who knows how to get it in the hole. I think he is bringing out the best in his partner also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I agree, Albert has done nothing but impress me so far. I still can believe he can strike the ball so well with such an unconventional style.

As for the most entertaining to watch, Bri and Kelly by far. What a soap opera!!
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

I am middle aged so maybe I am missing something. But I think the little aussie is by far the most attractive. Slender, cleans up nice and looks like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Bri would be high maintanence.

I'm with you Allin. I think the Australian girl is great. Not only is she a cutie with a great personality, but her game seems dead solid. Right now, I'm picking her as one of the final 2 girls unless her partner somehow drags her down.

I also agree about Albert bringing out the best in his partner. They seem like they are going to be tough to beat as a team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
So what did we learn last night?
  1. Bri is a chump. She barely got that 30-foot putt halfway to the hole. Come on, now.
  2. The men are overrated. Not one single par in five holes.
  3. Kelly is an *******. Not just a jerk or "wonky" or off-beat or weird - a flat out *******. The other guys don't seem to like him much either. I don't like his Moe Norman swing (Norman was incredibly accurate - what the hell is Kelly doing???) nor his putting stroke.
  4. Ashley, playing against Kelly, should not have hit hybrid when an 8-iron and a short wedge to the middle of the green would have likely gotten her a par.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

for the Albert dude is just way too much to handle. Arrogant ahole, commenting on others, talking about how they fail - backs up his talk with a beautiful shank in a must-win situation. It could be hard with this dental work - but can you spell L-O-O-S-E-R ?

• Administrator
It could be hard with this dental work - but can you spell L-O-O-S-E-R ?

I can. Can you?

And I was glad Rafi is the one that posted this, because he'll take it in the light-hearted "poking fun" way in which it's intended. I forgot about Albert's shank. That was horrible. Didn't someone else hit a horrible shot too that ended up in a chipping area? The men played like crap. The women were +2 on five holes, which isn't very good either (though I can't imagine how tough it might be to play one hole after 3 hours of standing around).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

...I forgot about Albert's shank. That was horrible...

shank itself it's not a problem, it happens to the best of us (did you see that "lateral fade" that Davis Love hit on Saturday at Disney?

). What pisses me off is his attitude - one can't shit on your partner's heads making sound like he's the only one who belongs there - and then follow it with that stinker.

First off, I'd like to say I am still enjoying this season quite a bit, even if the guys are stinking it up big time. They talk so much, yet they perform so very little. I won't say anything about the shank though because I hit one at The Newport Cup that was pretty iffy. Of course I wasn't playing for a Champions Tour exemption either, so maybe I can say something about it.

My wife and I really don't like Bri. She comes off as a major B word. She probably isn't, but it's just the way she comes off to the Thrasher family. I like Bridget the best out of all the ladies, but her confidence isn't very high. I was surprised she was put in the anchor match against Albert. I didn't think she had a chance, but she did good enough I suppose.

Laura seems to be unphased by a lot of the happenings, and that will probably play into her favor as the competition gets hot and heavy down the stretch. Rachel was clutch last night, but she has played some bad ones as well in the past couple episodes.

I hope Rocky wins and gets to come back to the competition. He was probably my favorite of all the guys before he was eliminated, so I hope he take advantage of his second chance.

I'm looking forward to it, even after all this unexplained rambling I just did.

I enjoyed last night's show - watched it with my 15 year old son. We both like Albert and were entertained by his comments - but Raf, you're right that you have to walk the walk and he clearly didn't last night. So he has a lot to prove and make up for. After this, I'm not sure I'd trust him as a partner.

In my son's language, Bri is cute but a "bee-hotch."

Someone else on the forum put it better than I could - Kelly is a whack job.

I'd like to see Rocky play his way back on - it was pretty cool to see him leading the group back onto the course.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

I like Bri, but so far, she hasnt played a whole lot of........or even any good golf. Shes kinda like a Michelle Wie for me because no matter how bad she might be doing, I always seem to forget because she's so nice to look at.

Bridget is easy on the eyes as well. And I think she has alot more potential.

For the guys, Kelly is an egomaniac. Hes always talking the talk. but is soooooo streaky. I love how he always noted for his long drive credentials. but he has yet to hit a fairway!!. I think any moron could do that.

I was a little dissapointed with Albert, but he is still the only guy on the show who has played with any sort of consistancy.

Im looking forward to next weeks show though!!!! Thats gonna make for some serious drama.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

Note: This thread is 6327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!