IGNORED

Name one thing that is holding you back in golf.

golfdad
Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Time !

I hardly have the time to go the range and only practice putting at home.

To break 72 , i need the TIME !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

money... thats the biggest issue for me...

as far as the actual game itself... distance...
ive popped a few good ones in my time... but the majority are around 200-250 range... mostly on the southside of 230... its really tough getting girs on alot of par4's when you are swinging long clubs for approach shots... therefore it puts alot of pressure on scoring on par5's and par3's
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Actually the last two weeks it has been the weather - cold and rainy in Houston.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

Like many of us, for me it is time. With two kids and a wife who works from home, I basically have time for 9 holes a week (on a "long lunch" ), but rarely any range time. Maybe I can hit wiffle balls in the backyard or swing a trainer in the garage. That being said, I have been improving steadily, I dropped my average for 9 holes by about 3 strokes this year, I now consider myself a true bogey golfer.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

its really tough getting girs on alot of par4's when you are swinging long clubs for approach shots... therefore it puts alot of pressure on scoring on par5's and par3's

Sorry...a silliy thought, but if you replace girs with "girls" it reads the same.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Sorry...a silliy thought, but if you replace girs with "girls" it reads the same.

lol... wouldnt it be the opposite...

it should be easier to get girls with longer clubs on approach shots
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Definitely time for me... can usually only get out once a week, twice if i'm lucky... and I haven't been to the range in a month! My tee shots have gone back to slices without much practice lately

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

At first I would have said time,but unlike other sports I have played,I started this one at 35 yrs old.
Too late,I learn quickly but my body is getting older.So golf is more than just a score for me really,but that won't stop me going for it.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

If i were to pick one thing, i guess it would be driver. Im ok with it most of the time, but when my driver gets wild, it gets really wild. Im talkin 100 yards wide type of misses. Its nearly impossible for me to even break 80 when im swinging the driver like that.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

If I could make putts of any significant length (10 - 15/20 feet) on a consistent basis, I wouldn't be so bad at golf.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Simple, an over active left hand. It was a huge mistake to play right handed when I'm a natural lefty. At the time there were very few lefty clubs and parents thought they were helping by having a left handed kid learn to play right handed. There was even some nonsense that it was preferable. Baloney. I'm glad current thinking has switched the other way. The stronger hand should not be in front. You can pick out a few isolated examples where it has worked but in the vast majority of cases the strong lead hand has a tendency to want to do too much, leading to erratic results. It feels like stealing now that I'm chipping left handed with a docile lead hand, but at this age I'm having difficulty making the transition to lefty in my long game.

My swing. I can bomb the ball out to about 280 and sometimes 300 yards but have a hard time keeping it straight. I'm ok with being twenty yards from the green in the rough as opposed to sixty or seventy yards out in the fairway. Just those damn sand traps... and the trees! Ouch!

In my RJ bag:

Burner '07 10.5*
Burner '07 3 wood
R7 CGB Max 5 wood Fybrid 19.5* Raylor 22* hybrid Di7 5i-gw FX 55* wedge Tiffany 35" h/s putter

Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!