IGNORED

Going past parallel

Note: This thread is 5097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is a drill I can use to stop from going past the point of being parallel at the top of my swing. I had a friend joke that I almost had the club head touch the ground on my back swing. I do this more with my driver. My left elbow is also bent but I've been trying to keep it straighter.

In my bag.

Driver R7
Woods S9-1 F (3 & 5)
Irons MP-67 (3-pw)Wedges Tom Watson Classics (GW, LW)Putter: Classic 1Ball Pro V1 or Tour i(s) just cause I can get them at Walmart

restrict your hip turn more and keep your left arm as straight as you can.

as straight as you can without locking it though. you want it to still be relaxed

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

• Administrator
Try to feel as if you have a straighter RIGHT arm. In fact, make some swings where you try to feel as if it stays straight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Try to feel as if you have a straighter RIGHT arm. In fact, make some swings where you try to feel as if it stays straight.

Yes. Overswinging and a bent lead arm is probably more do to letting your trail arm bend to 90 degrees. If you bend that right arm too much, you lose your arc and most of your leverage. I hit my most powerful irons and drives when i feel that right arm extended as i begin my downswing.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

What is a drill I can use to stop from going past the point of being parallel at the top of my swing. I had a friend joke that I almost had the club head touch the ground on my back swing. I do this more with my driver. My left elbow is also bent but I've been trying to keep it straighter.

get a swing extender. it's about $30 and good way to get rid of the Daly backswing.

get a swing extender. it's about $30 and good way to get rid of the Daly backswing.

I just bought one this morning after thinking about my reply to this thread. lol. There is a long thread someplace here about that product. A little pricey at 40 bucks total, but im hoping its worth it.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Think 3/4ths swings.. practice with a mirror, take the swing to the top and hold the club get the feel for parallel..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to be severely past parallel, especially with the driver. I had to watch video of my swing to actually see it, although I do remember being able to see the driver head during my swing lol. I worked on it for 3 months, didn't touch the course, by doing what saevel25 suggested. 3/4 swings. At first I started with 1/2 swings. I actually realized it was easier to do by incorporating what iacas mentioned, the FEELING of a straight right arm. Remembering that feeling is never doing, if that makes sense.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 5097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!