IGNORED

Should a bag wear out this soon?

Note: This thread is 4605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an ogio bag that lasted 3 months. I walk 9 holes a week from april until august.

The material on the outside of a back pad frayed, then just shredded apart. The company replaced the bag last week. I took it out for 18 holes walking and after 9 noticed the same wear and tear. While it is not as bad this time around, I am sure it will shred withint my next few rounds.

I cant imaging I am carrying incorrectly, I even asked some of the more seasoned golfers in my league (IE old timers)

But could a company really make a bag with this much of a defect?

Shouldnt I get aatleast a full season if not 5 years out of a bag?

I might have to explore another company!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Elmer

I have an ogio bag that lasted 3 months. I walk 9 holes a week from april until august.

The material on the outside of a back pad frayed, then just shredded apart. The company replaced the bag last week. I took it out for 18 holes walking and after 9 noticed the same wear and tear. While it is not as bad this time around, I am sure it will shred withint my next few rounds.

I cant imaging I am carrying incorrectly, I even asked some of the more seasoned golfers in my league (IE old timers)

But could a company really make a bag with this much of a defect?

Shouldnt I get aatleast a full season if not 5 years out of a bag?

I might have to explore another company!

1.) Apparently they can. 2.) Longer than that.

I've never heard of anyone buying an Ogio and wishing they hadn't. Maybe you got a counterfeit or are just really hard on your stuff and your "old timer" aquaintances are too chicken shit to say something about it?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I've never heard of anyone buying an Ogio and wishing they hadn't. Maybe you got a counterfeit or are just really hard on your stuff and your "old timer" aquaintances are too chicken shit to say something about it?

I dont regret the purchase, only that it doesnt last as long as it should.

I know my bag is not counter fit, because I have spoken to OGio and they have asked me to locate specific tags on the bag.

I dont know how I would be "hard" on my bag, I simply strap it on and walk 9 (or 18).

I used to wear the bag a bit low, but under suggestion of others have raised the bag up a little more.

I dont over pack my bags, I carry 14 clubs, a umbrella, a water bottle, 6 balls, 9 tees and occasionally a rain jacket!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

i had some issues with my ogio vaporlite after only 1 season of use.  the area where the handle attaches started coming apart, the zipper on the ball compartment broke and the legs wouldn't pop all the way out.  i liked the bag but next time i'm in need of a stand bag i'll look to another manufacturer

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I wouldn't expect one to wear out like that, I don't currently own an Ogio bag, but my brother does.  He has carried his for a lot of rounds over the last 3 or 4 years and has never had a problem.  He swears by Ogio, maybe that particular bag is not a good fit for the way you carry, I would look at other models.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'm curious if you happen to use pants with velcro in the back pockets. It happened to me with my Nike golf bag that I was feeling how the velcro got caught witht he bag for the whole round and then noticed how this wore the padded area badly. Since then I've used pants without velcro in the back pocket. Just wondering if you happen to have that problem too since I consider Ogio to make superb bags, but I might be wrong.

:sunmountain: C 130 Cart Bag :titleist: 910 D2 Driver 8.5° Fujikura ROMBAX 7Z08 Stiff (280 yds)
titleist.gif 909 F2 #3 13.5° Blueboard S- (260 yrs) titleist.gif 909 H 17° Voodoo S (240 yds) :mizuno: MP 58 4i to PW PX 6.0 (210-200-185-170-160-145-135 yds) vokey.gif  50°/6 (120) 55°/10 (105) 60°/4(90)

:nike: Untitized Tiempo putter Ball: any top ball on sale, currently Srixon Z Star Tour yellow.

I have an Ogio Synchro cartbag.  And I regret buying it !  What's more, I will never buy Ogio again.

It wears really fast !  For me personally, it does not reflect the quality almost everyone attributes to it.

Originally Posted by jsocas

I'm curious if you happen to use pants with velcro in the back pockets. It happened to me with my Nike golf bag that I was feeling how the velcro got caught witht he bag for the whole round and then noticed how this wore the padded area badly. Since then I've used pants without velcro in the back pocket. Just wondering if you happen to have that problem too since I consider Ogio to make superb bags, but I might be wrong.

I dont have any velcro on the pockets. IN fact my pockets and belt are covered by my shirt, which is not tucked on. The tearing and wear seems to be on the back left side of me and does not seem to vertical, more a horizontal pulling of the bag. Everyone I spoke to indicates Ogio makes quality product and this is rare for any bag.

rip 1.jpg

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Wow!!! That's more than wearing out, it is almost ripping appart!!! I haven't seen anything similar. If I would have been from OGIO I would have not only replace it but would have done so by giving you a different model. I wounder if there's anyting wrong with that model in particular. Definitely they should replace it again.

:sunmountain: C 130 Cart Bag :titleist: 910 D2 Driver 8.5° Fujikura ROMBAX 7Z08 Stiff (280 yds)
titleist.gif 909 F2 #3 13.5° Blueboard S- (260 yrs) titleist.gif 909 H 17° Voodoo S (240 yds) :mizuno: MP 58 4i to PW PX 6.0 (210-200-185-170-160-145-135 yds) vokey.gif  50°/6 (120) 55°/10 (105) 60°/4(90)

:nike: Untitized Tiempo putter Ball: any top ball on sale, currently Srixon Z Star Tour yellow.

Just heard from the company who I bought the bag from. They spoke to Ogio and it was a design flaw during one of the model years. They are sending me a new one, from a different year-no charge.

Hopefully this will be the last bag I use for atleast the next 5 years!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Ogio bags look fantastic and have great features, but, paradoxically, have some of the worst design features of any bag you'll ever see.

Have a look a the two cooler pockets on the Ogio Exodus, for example. You would be lucky to fit a sleeve of golf balls in them, let alone a drink container of any size.

The cuffs at the top of my bag where the irons rest wore through after a few months. Customer service was non existent. The advice I got from one of the geniuses here was to "take better care of my bag".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 2 weeks later...

The damage in the picture  is identical to 3 carry bags (yes three, I know I should have learned after two) that I wore-out in the same season. I was buying cheap bags around $40 at Walmart and figured that I was getting what I was paying for. I wasn't going to say anything on this post until I saw the damage. When I carry my bags, I strap them across my shoulders with the side pad resting against my upper buttock. I figured I didn't strap the things on correctly because there was too much tension where it wasn't supposed to be and the up and down motion of my walk just tore them apart. I also thought that my rough pants and shorts may be damaging the bag. So I adjusted the straps by putting the bag on my neighbor and adjusting it so that there was slack where the fabric was. Then I put the bag on. I didn't like the way it fit. I use a Heavy Putter and deep cavity irons, so the bag would tilt. After a month of discomfort and still more wear and tear, I gave up and bought a true cart bag and started pushing. I apologize if this rant didn't do anything to help this thread but the damage is too familiar. Maybe the previous poster is correct, maybe they overcharged you for a fake or poorly designed bag.

As a follow up.

I contacted the company I purchased the bag from. They indicated they had been in contact with Ogio. I was asked if my straps met at a single O ring, which it did. My straps connected to the bag in 3 spots ( 2 separate O rings, 1 combined).

It was then explained to me that I had been given 2 bags from a year with this design flaw. I was told the newer model was improved and the straps connected to the bag in 4 spots. Each strap connected individually. I guess Ogio knew this and accidently sent Guru golf the wrong bags.

They sent me a new bag, free of shipping charge.

As a matter of fact the new bag that was sent to me, is an improvement on the orginal bag. Better Zippers, better scorecard pocket.

I have since walked 18 with it and no problems.

Of course now I have the bag so hiked up on my bag one of the zippers is now digging into my back. But this I can take.........

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Elmer

I dont regret the purchase, only that it doesnt last as long as it should.

I know my bag is not counter fit, because I have spoken to OGio and they have asked me to locate specific tags on the bag.

I dont know how I would be "hard" on my bag, I simply strap it on and walk 9 (or 18).

I used to wear the bag a bit low, but under suggestion of others have raised the bag up a little more.

I dont over pack my bags, I carry 14 clubs, a umbrella, a water bottle, 6 balls, 9 tees and occasionally a rain jacket!

The pro shop at my local club sells a lot of Ogio bags. I looked at the last few remaining because I need to use a gift certificate. The ones they still have are, well, garbage. I can see seams coming apart, poor materials in key wear areas, and a couple have no way to carry an umbrella - what the. . .?

I'm starting to think that Ogio makes some very good bags and some very poor bags. Looks like you got one of the latter.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That is bizarre.  A bag should last at minimum 5 years.  I'd call the manufacture and try and get a different model.  I had my last titleist bag for 7 or 8 years.  It finally broke.  Just got a callaway hyperlite 4.  It seems pretty great but only had it for less than 2 weeks.

Brian

Note: This thread is 4605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!