IGNORED

My Swing (scottyjoe145)

scottyjoe145
Note: This thread is 4418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My swing...  I had just finished a round and broke par for the first time at a course I havent played in years.  My swing felt great and I flushed the ball all day.  (4 birdies - 2 bogeys) at a course that I've never broke par at...  even during my hayday.  Its about 7000 yds from the backs, some elevation, some water, supurb champion bermuda greens.  Jackson, Tn. Golf and CC.

Hit me with your advice, criticism, approval, etc...

And to The_Pharaoh ...  that the best sunset I've ever seen

Driver:       Titleist 909D3  (8.5°)
3-Wood:     Titleist 909F3  (13°)
Hybrid:       Titleist 909h  (17°)
3-PW:         Mizuno MP-68 with PROJECT X 6.0
Wedges:     Titleist SM4's  (52°-58°-62°)
Putter:        Scotty Cameron Studio Select 1.5
Ball:            Titleist Pro V1x
Range:        Bushnell Pinseeker PRO 1600
Bag:            PING Hoofer stand bag

• Administrator

You won't get much help posting practice swings. Hit a golf ball, please, for your own sake.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

You won't get much help posting practice swings. Hit a golf ball, please, for your own sake.

Well, I'm not sure my swing is any different when hitting a ball ( like a scratch golfer would somehow change swings when just practicing ).  Also, you couldn't see where the ball goes from the camera I use, so whatever.  I'll try to upload some driving range footage so that I might subject myself to your humble opinion.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by scottyjoe145

Well, I'm not sure my swing is any different when hitting a ball (like a scratch golfer would somehow change swings when just practicing).  Also, you couldn't see where the ball goes from the camera I use, so whatever.  I'll try to upload some driving range footage so that I might subject myself to your humble opinion.

Your swing is likely quite different when you're not hitting a golf ball. I think you'd be surprised at the differences.

And even with a cell phone camera you can often see the ball's start line. Or the divot, at least.

I realize the fourth Rule of the Member Swings forum is more of a suggestion, but it's there for a reason:

Originally Posted by iacas

4) If you're going to post a video, make it worthwhile. Read this: http://thesandtrap.com/playing_tips/filming_your_swing and don't post a lousy quality video or a practice swing. Videos should be embedded with the [video] tag (the film strip icon). The better the video and the easier it is to watch, the more and the better responses you'll get.

Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What is the miss you hate the most?

To start out, my natural tendancy with an iron is to hit a straight ball with med/high trajectory. If it moves its only a little and usually minimal or intentional. As far as contact misses, while I have them, I dont struggle there. Directional misses, I have a straight pull that comes out of nowhere (this is my worst enemy). Its not always a drastic pull (20 yds offline), but I do have those on occasion. It seems as if the straight pull becomes non-existant when I intentionally work the ball. With my woods, I tee it high and put it in the front of my stance (3-wood is front as well... hybrids getting more towards the middle). When I say front, I mean inside left heel. I usually work it left to right. My misses there involve me falling out of the shot and pushing it right with some fade. I credit that to trying to kill it.

Originally Posted by scottyjoe145

To start out, my natural tendancy with an iron is to hit a straight ball with med/high trajectory. If it moves its only a little and usually minimal or intentional. As far as contact misses, while I have them, I dont struggle there. Directional misses, I have a straight pull that comes out of nowhere (this is my worst enemy). Its not always a drastic pull (20 yds offline), but I do have those on occasion. It seems as if the straight pull becomes non-existant when I intentionally work the ball.

With my woods, I tee it high and put it in the front of my stance (3-wood is front as well... hybrids getting more towards the middle). When I say front, I mean inside left heel. I usually work it left to right. My misses there involve me falling out of the shot and pushing it right with some fade. I credit that to trying to kill it.

It's probably the camera angle but make sure the shoulder don't get pointing too far to the left with the right arm too high at address. In terms of the swing, it looks good, would just recommend a little less rotation of the left forearm on the backswing.  Rolls a little too much and then to compensate you have to roll it hard on the downswing, close the face and hit pulls.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

It's probably the camera angle but make sure the shoulder don't get pointing too far to the left with the right arm too high at address. In terms of the swing, it looks good, would just recommend a little less rotation of the left forearm on the backswing.  Rolls a little too much and then to compensate you have to roll it hard on the downswing, close the face and hit pulls.

Though you may not be able to see it in this video, my clubhead stays in line with the swing plane at the top.  If I were rotating my left arm too much it would point toward the ground.  Im not sure I understand?  I will load another video shortly...  raining today.

Note: This thread is 4418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!