IGNORED

The importance of PP3 (lower hand index finger against the club)

Note: This thread is 3453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Mike!

Some reason wasn't able to edit this post, but wanted to add that I think I am physically incapable of maintaining PP3 post impact on a full swing. Thanks for the 5th accumulator read.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some reason wasn't able to edit this post, but wanted to add that I think I am physically incapable of maintaining PP3 post impact on a full swing. Thanks for the 5th accumulator read.

Why on earth would you want to maintain the PP3 after impact??

Colin P.

Yes it's not something that should be maintained, again it's a feel. Inline condition with the lead arm and shaft at impact with some trail wrist bend and then the wedge quickly comes out after impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I've been playing with this some myself.  At this preliminary stage I notice more effect on P3 on the shorter wedges and irons than my longer clubs.

It does seem to be sharpening up my shorter game shots.

I will try using it to shape thee ball and see what happens.

Very interesting reading others efforts and results.

I've been playing with this some myself.  At this preliminary stage I notice more effect on P3 on the shorter wedges and irons than my longer clubs.

Yeah the wedge shafts are shorter, angle of attack is greater, you're going to "feel" PP#3 more.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Why on earth would you want to maintain the PP3 after impact??

Oh I don't. My post is just an affirmation to Mike's post that it's just a feel at impact and not reality especially post impact. I was just adding that I can't hold it even if I wanted to, i.e., the flying wedge releases on it's own even if you TRY to hold PP3 post impact. I think that would be true for anybody but I try not to state/implicate absolutes for everybody. Stranger things have and do happen.

Just didn't understand why PP3 was a bogus concept that affected release if you can't hold it (post) impact anyway. I have clarity now from reading the link Mike provided.

V

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!