IGNORED

Cleveland Browns

Spyder
Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are we still talking about the expansion Browns?

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

• Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

Here's some delusion for you -

Uh, they knocked them out of the playoffs that one time, wow! And how many playoff games have the Browns played since coming back?

Oh, is that all?

What's that? The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than the Browns have played GAMES in the playoffs since returning to the league? Hmmm. Okay then.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Uh, they knocked them out of the playoffs that one time, wow! And how many playoff games have the Browns played since coming back?

Oh, is that all?

What's that? The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than the Browns have played GAMES in the playoffs since returning to the league? Hmmm. Okay then.

Yes, we have royally sucked since the NFL saddled us with a godawful expansion team.

But if you want to talk history, the championship count is Browns 8, Stools 6. Keep trying, you may catch us one day.

• Administrator

But if you want to talk history, the championship count is Browns 8, Stools 6. Keep trying, you may catch us one day.

Those wins count for diddly squat and you know it. It's like the Canadiens counting the 57 Stanley Cups they won playing against five other teams.

The count is: Steelers have won six Super Bowls, Browns have been to zero.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Those wins count for diddly squat and you know it. It's like the Canadiens counting the 57 Stanley Cups they won playing against five other teams.

The count is: Steelers have won six Super Bowls, Browns have been to zero.

OHHHHHH! Congrats on making it this far before invoking the Super Bowl smak. Gotta hand it to you - most Stools fans lead with that stat.

Okay Erik. Here's your history lesson. The NFL started in 1920. The Super Bowl started in 1967. Life, as Stool fans know it, began in 1972. And hey, I don't blame you for thinking that way cuz the Stools suuuuuuuucked for four decades.

So this is typical Yinzer math. They only count when they want them to. Your math is worse than my English.

• Administrator

OHHHHHH! Congrats on making it this far before invoking the Super Bowl smak. Gotta hand it to you - most Stools fans lead with that stat.

Okay Erik. Here's your history lesson. The NFL started in 1920. The Super Bowl started in 1967. Life, as Stool fans know it, began in 1972. And hey, I don't blame you for thinking that way cuz the Stools suuuuuuuucked for four decades.

So this is typical Yinzer math. They only count when they want them to. Your math is worse than my English.

I'm well aware of the history. How many Super Bowls did the Browns win? 6 > 0. How many did they play in ? That's some pretty basic math. Super Bowls.

Do we still count Western Opens among someone's major totals, because if we do, Tiger's won that a time or two.

And hey, I know you're old, but you weren't around in the 1920s or 30s, so I'm sure you really "enjoy" those wins the Browns had when they were playing against four other teams, almost none of which had a single full-time employee. But keep kidding yourself if you think that's relevant. I don't mind.

It must be sad to long for the days of Bernie Kosar.

berniekosar.jpg

The 1930s were when the Stool were around, not the Browns. They didn't exist until 1946. And yes. They won all their championships between 1946 & 1964. None since then. And that sucks. But they weren't Western Opens.

Look, I don't blame you for filtering the data to your advantage by only acknowledging Super Bowls, because before they existed the Stools were terrible . I mean, God-Awful horrible. When the leagues merged in 1970, the Browns held a 52-9 advantage over the Stools in head-to-head matchups. FIFTY-TWO TO NINE. The advantage was so large that only recently, I think like in 2010, did the Stools finally even the ledger - it took them almost 40 years to even it up.

So look. Either acknowledge the league history - all of it - or acknowledge none of it. But acknowledging only the history that suits you is quite disingenuous. But it is so Stool Fan. Yawn.

And yes. I recall the Bernie years fondly, especially that 51-0 whupping we laid on you in Three Rivers on opening day 1989.

But I am more excited about the future, cuz we will own it.

• Administrator

Look, I don't blame you for filtering the data to your advantage by only acknowledging Super Bowls, because before they existed the Stools were terrible. I mean, God-Awful horrible. When the leagues merged in 1970, the Browns held a 52-9 advantage over the Stools in head-to-head matchups. FIFTY-TWO TO NINE. The advantage was so large that only recently, I think like in 2010, did the Stools finally even the ledger - it took them almost 40 years to even it up.

In other words, as terrible as the Steelers were way, way, way before I was born (and in part before my parents were born), the Browns have been your entire lifetime.

Wow, you really got me there.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

So look. Either acknowledge the league history - all of it - or acknowledge none of it. But acknowledging only the history that suits you is quite disingenuous. But it is so Stool Fan. Yawn.

I'm acknowledging all of history. The Steelers have won six Super Bowls. The Browns have never been to any. I realize there was no such thing as "Super Bowls" prior to 1967, but so what? I never said otherwise.

And even if you count the "championships" that are acknowledged by the NFL, it's still 6-4, and the Browns won't be closing that gap any time soon.

And yes. I recall the Bernie years fondly, especially that 51-0 whupping we laid on you in Three Rivers on opening day 1989.

Just as I remember the 43-0 score by which the Steelers welcomed the Browns back to the NFL - scoring more points than the Browns had in yards (43 vs. 41 IIRC). Oof.

But I am more excited about the future, cuz we will own it.

You must not define "own" the same way I do.

Fact: The Browns have sucked-very much.

Fact: Clevelanders resent them for this.

Fact: For as much as we hate them, we love them that much more.

Fact: Don't disrespect our team or WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS! I'll shove those championship rings in places you didn't know they could go. Clevelanders who's with me! Unite!

• Upvote 1

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Quote:

In other words, as terrible as the Steelers were way, way, way before I was born (and in part before my parents were born), the Browns have been your entire lifetime.

Oh my. That almost hurt.

History is history, my misguided friend. Whether it was before you were born or not, it's history.

You can have your selective memory & your six rings. Your QB is a rapist, your LB is a thug & your SS needs a haircut.

The future is ours.

Oh my. That almost hurt.

History is history, my misguided friend. Whether it was before you were born or not, it's history.

You can have your selective memory & your six rings. Your QB is a rapist, your LB is a thug & your SS needs a haircut.

The future is ours.

Righteous words! THe time is coming! BE PREPARED! DON'T SKIMP ON THE SESAME!!!!!!!!!

OH SNAP.

I'm not a Browns guy or a Steelers guy, but it's looking like I am going to lock up Trent in my fantasy rookie draft this August, and for that I am very excited.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Originally Posted by carrx

OH SNAP.

I'm not a Browns guy or a Steelers guy, but it's looking like I am going to lock up Trent in my fantasy rookie draft this August, and for that I am very excited.

When the Browns drafted TR, three defensive coordinators in the AFC North crapped their collective pants.

• Administrator
The future is ours.

The future of sucking is all yours. Why you think I care one bit about stuff that happened before my parents were born is beyond me. But if you have to cling to the 1940s to feel good about your team, by all means, go ahead. You can be disappointed that your team doesn't crack .500, I'll be disappointed they don't get a seventh one of those shiny silver trophies. :-D

I spend a lot of time in the Cleveland area for business and I'll say that I do admire the dedication of Brown's fans.  Pretty delusional bunch but dedicated.  As a Packer's fan I went through a lot of lean years too - but there was light at the end of the tunnel.

I do love this guy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

I spend a lot of time in the Cleveland area for business and I'll say that I do admire the dedication of Brown's fans.  Pretty delusional bunch but dedicated.  As a Packer's fan I went through a lot of lean years too - but there was light at the end of the tunnel.

I do love this guy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

THat was HILARIOUS!!! So true! YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS!!! Oh, yeah, that's funny.

The future of sucking is all yours.

Why you think I care one bit about stuff that happened before my parents were born is beyond me. But if you have to cling to the 1940s to feel good about your team, by all means, go ahead. You can be disappointed that your team doesn't crack .500, I'll be disappointed they don't get a sixth one of those shiny silver trophies.

Yet you keep referring to championships from the 70s when you were in diapers to make you feel good about your team.

BTW, your math still sucks. You don't even know how many championships your team has.

Go Browns.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!