IGNORED

2012 PGA Championship at Kiawah Island Ocean Course Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory is doing well on the back nine with three under through 7 holes (16th).

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't think there are cameras out there on anyone but the marquee group yet. I can't even find a link to that one. May not exist.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Don't think there are cameras out there on anyone but the marquee group yet. I can't even find a link to that one. May not exist.

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/htmlpage/2012-pga-championship-live-video It's been on since they teed off. I started a thread about it yesterday and bumped it this morning, but I'm only one man. :-) Update: John Daly is a bogey-free -2 through 8, just two off the lead. His T5 finish in Reno last week got him up to the top 150 in the money and FedEx points lists. A good finish this week could get him his card back. bamagrad: Thanks, but I've been watching the Tiger feed for a couple hours. My question was about a Rory feed.

Tiger just made a 30-footer on 18 to finish his first nine in -1. I don't think he's missed a reasonably makeable putt yet, and has made at least four of good length. He also made his best drive of the day on 18, so he is well poised to do some scoring on the easier nine coming up. Kaymer also birdied 18, playing the hole perfectly after making five bogeys in his first 8 holes. Bradley, who looked like he was going to shoot a 59 after his first couple of holes, has been struggling, and bogeyed 18. But he's still -1. On to the front nine. Edit: just verified that Tiger has needed only ten putts for his first nine holes. Not good news for the field. Aaaand he just made another ten footer on #1 to go to -2. I thought Tiger hated slow greens?

The beeb will have nothing, Sky have the rights here, you'll need a subscription to watch.

They only had the Marquee groups from the official website for the US Open, suspect it will be the same - full coverage starts at 6pm UK time.

For some reason Im getting an error message when trying to open the Watch Live link on PGA.com. Thankfully the PGA iPhone app is pretty damn good so far. There is a live feed link once you launch the app. No lag or stuttering at all. Im glad I carry my charger with me for days like this.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

3 straight...

That was Tiger's 12th putt for 11 holes. Now at -3, one behind Rory. John Daly eagled 11 to get to -4, but then bogeyed 12. But they are all chasing the new leader, the famous Joost Luiten, who went -5 through the first 7 holes of the difficult back nine. According to Wiki, Joost turned pro in 2006, has one Euro Tour win, one Asian Tour win, and two Challenge Tour wins, and played his first major last month at Royal Lytham, where he finished T45. The wind is starting to pick up now, might be rough for the afternoon wave. After looking like he was getting back in stride, Kaymer made a mess of #3, hitting it over the green, and then watching two chips roll back down to him. Made a 7 on the par 4. Tiger finally missed a putt, a 12-footer for birdie. Still -3. Daly back to -4.

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/htmlpage/2012-pga-championship-live-video It's been on since they teed off. I started a thread about it yesterday and bumped it this morning, but I'm only one man. :-)

Norway -> Europe

Originally Posted by achorripsis

Kaymer has really dropped off the last couple of years. Does anybody have any insight as to why?

He had two wins last year, in Dubai at the start of the year and the WGC event in China, apart from that was very poor.

He tried to change his swing (I think the winter after he won the PGA) so that he could win round Augusta by drawing the ball. Since then its not been so good.

He's got too much talent and has won too many times to be gone for long....... unless he has bought a really expensive house in Denver in which case he is jinxed.

Omg TNT, to many commercials!!! Seriously they're showing 5 minutes of action and then 5 minutes of The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles dreck...

Colin P.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bamagrad03

Not sure if you were watching the Golf Channel last night, but they were bragging on the "wonderful" caddy program they had there at Kiawah.

I'm sure some of them might be good. I have no idea how my guy is still employed. :P

Originally Posted by brocks

I don't care what anybody says, they are bunkers

Oh, you've played there? They're not bunkers. Heck, they're closer to being cart paths than they are to being bunkers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Oh, you've played there? They're not bunkers. Heck, they're closer to being cart paths than they are to being bunkers.

I saw a few bunkers myself in the 18th fairway on Live From the PGA Championship last night.  I haven't played the course but i can see the TV just fine.

I think iacas is trying to say the bunkers are played "through the green" which means they are not technically played as a hazard.

A picture of the 10th green at Kiawah with a...  you guessed it!!

http://golfweek.com/news/2012/aug/05/pga-championship-ocean-course-hole-hole/

Driver:       Titleist 909D3  (8.5°)
3-Wood:     Titleist 909F3  (13°)
Hybrid:       Titleist 909h  (17°)
3-PW:         Mizuno MP-68 with PROJECT X 6.0
Wedges:     Titleist SM4's  (52°-58°-62°)
Putter:        Scotty Cameron Studio Select 1.5
Ball:            Titleist Pro V1x
Range:        Bushnell Pinseeker PRO 1600
Bag:            PING Hoofer stand bag

Note: This thread is 4270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!