IGNORED

INSANITY workout

Scrambled
Note: This thread is 4134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Insanity and p90x are good, but wildly time consuming. I'm a firm believer in CrossFit. It really changed me. I had always been someone who did traditional weightlifting and thought I was in decent shape. CrossFit kicked my ass.

And it did so in ~15 mins a day. It improved my flexibility, drastically improved my core strength and my overall conditioning. No hour a day 7 days a week deal. I went 3 days a week and every single WOD (workout of the day) lasted less than 20 mins.

I'm no runner, and we didn't run that much in CrossFit. But when I first got there, I could barely run a 1/4 mile without gasping for breath. 3 weeks in, running very little as part of our daily workouts - we had a workout that included a mile run. I did it in 7.5 mins. And that's with me holding back since the mile run was just part of the workout.

I have friends who have done it, it's mainly cardio. The best thing about it compared to P90X is the start up cost. With P90X you need a pull up bar and weights or bands. With Insanity, all you need is space to do it in. It's great if you're ever on the road.

I still have 5 weeks left of P90X and I'll be doing Insanity partly because 1) school is starting back up, 2) I'll be traveling for work some, 3) it's only 60 days as opposed to the 90 for P90X, and 4) I want to burn more fat and get into better aerobic shape which is much better than P90X.

I'm not too familiar with Cross Fit, but I've heard good things. But from my understanding, you need to be in much better shape to do it than you need to be to do P90X. P90X is great for people who aren't in the best of shape because they allow and show you how to adjust moves for your intensity level. Week 1 of P90X I did 8 good form push ups, and yesterday during my Core Synergistics workout, I did 23 staggered hands/stacked foot push ups. That's progress in 7 weeks.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

I'm not too familiar with Cross Fit, but I've heard good things. But from my understanding, you need to be in much better shape to do it than you need to be to do P90X. P90X is great for people who aren't in the best of shape because they allow and show you how to adjust moves for your intensity level. Week 1 of P90X I did 8 good form push ups, and yesterday during my Core Synergistics workout, I did 23 staggered hands/stacked foot push ups. That's progress in 7 weeks.

CrossFit caters to all fitness levels. I certainly have seem some wild transformations. Basically you just scale each workout to your fitness level.

Thanks for replies :-D hmmm just ordered insanity I'm not bad shape at all but fitness level sucks :poo: anyway I'm just looking to get fitness more into my routine , so I hope i can keep up with insanity

My wife and I use about three of the discs to supplement some other things.  The entire program proved to be a bit hard on our joints.  Now granted, I'll be fifty next month.  YMMV.

will be starting insanity on monday, see how that goes and then im gunna look into p90x only thing with p90 is i need some equiptment (especially the pull up bar ) and only a small room to work in

For P90X you can use resistance bands for the pull ups and weights.  They have someone demonstrating how in every workout.  You won't need much room at all.

My wife is a coach on the beachbody website.  She's done P90x 3-4 times, P90x Plus and P90X2 as well as a bunch of the Tony Horton One on One DVD's.  Even she thinks Insanity is tough.  She often does a hybrid of P90X and Insanity because of the lack of weight training with Insanity.  I've done P90X myself and I go to a Sports performance gym/Crossfit 4-5 days a week.  I prefer the P90X DVD's becasue I liked the weight training, pull ups etc..more than the constant cardio in Insanity.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone by chance have an Insanity workout or P90X laying around that I may be able to buy?

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

New member here...I have the P90X DVD's laying around I'd be willing to share. Need to know where to send em. Let me know. They are definitely a good work out. The only think I wasn't too fond of is listening to Tony Horton yap yap yap throughout the work out, but, you can mute the sound and still get the idea of what's going on. Lemme know!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried Insanity or P90X.  They both look like very productive routines  But I do agree that Cross Fit is great workout! It's the most productive workout protocol that I've used in over 30 years of working out.  And as a previous poster said, the workouts are scaled to your own individual fitness level.

These are good if :1- You are young I am 57 and have been advise by my doctor not too

2 - If you like injuries again not only my doctor but people I know have suffered some major injuries. Doc told me that ACL, MCL injuries have doubled and in most cases it was the crossfit training they were doing off of some video..

If I were able to do one of these it would be with a trainer. But I dont worry about that 8 knee operations have squashed any thoughts of that but the treadmill and I are good friends and with kettle balls, a custom built 5lb driver, 5lb 7 iron that is all the workout I need.

Note: This thread is 4134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!