IGNORED

What club would you grab if someone was robbing you?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would grab my callaway 2 iron, since it has the longest steel shaft of all my clubs, I would hate to break one of my graphite shafts over some useless criminal...

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

Been trying to find a pic of Gen. Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden) pulling a machine gun out of his golf bag, scattering clubs over the floor.

From what I've read (saga of Titanic Thompson, autobio of Lee Trevino) lot of golfers carried heat in their bag or on their person while out on the course. Not a machine gun, but a small revolver. Trevino reported hearing about robberies way out on the course at Ft. Worth.

My weapon of choice would be my old Top Flite Pro PW. Swing weight a D-something. Prefer a heavy head and short shaft for swinging at live targets indoors. :) The grip end of that club I put a rubber foot on so I can use it as a hiking stick. Should offer good protection from packs of wild dogs etc.

Btw, if someone is so minded, it is possible to put an epee or spike in a golf shaft, the equivalent of a sword cane. Pull off the grip and you get the business end.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Folks with 2 irons have my respect.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Originally Posted by jakepalm

Say you are at home and your house gets broken into and you are being robbed; and while looking for your defensive weapon, the first group of blunt objects you see is your golf bag. What specific club would you pull out and arm yourself with in this situation?

If you wouldn't have set the stage and just left the title alone we could have interpreted the post two ways:

1 - which club would you choose to physically defend yourself (your intent) or;

2 - which club would you grab so it doesn't get stolen......

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think we've found a good use for all those belly and broomstick putters that are going to be collecting dust when the ban becomes effective.   They are all heavy headed, two grips and close to longest clubs in your bag.   I think I'm going to start developing a self defense class that uses them exclusively.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'd use what ever Elin used.

I heard it was a 9 Iron.

I suppose it really wouldn't matter much what club you picked as long as it did not have a graphite shaft.

Butch

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'd use what ever Elin used.

Good one.....

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!