IGNORED

Would it be legal ..

Lesterday
Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...to smoke Marijuana in the state of Colorado or Washington while you're out golfing ? Planing on taking a vacation/golf trip to CO and am curious as to what the rules are. Thanks. If I'm playing with smokers in my group, I don't see what the issue would be other than the legality's of it all.

Originally Posted by Lesterday

...to smoke Marijuana in the state of Colorado or Washington while you're out golfing ? Planing on taking a vacation/golf trip to CO and am curious as to what the rules are. Thanks. If I'm playing with smokers in my group, I don't see what the issue would be other than the legality's of it all.

OMG... Ah C'mon Smoky... Really? REALLY?!

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Its been legalized in those states, so of course its legal to smoke and golf.

Probably will hurt your game a lot less than a few beers unless it makes you paranoid.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tstrike34

OMG... Ah C'mon Smoky... Really? REALLY?!

Well, at least we know why his hcp is "off the charts bad".......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I thought you are allowed only for medicinal purposes--meaning you'll need to have a doctor's prescription.

Now whether you'll get arrested is another matter...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I live in WA, and I smoke on the course with no problems... It helps me relax when im having a real bad game.  That said, it is still illegal to smoke in public, so just be sneaky about it. I bet the worst that would ever happen is the marshall might tell you to stop, if your smoke is bothering other players.

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

No it's not legal currently, I live in CO. The legislature is still working on pot laws and we are ahead of WA in the process. Recreational users still can't buy it. Cops aren't busting people and I've heard of cases being tossed since the elections but it's still being discussed how to manage it. One of the big hurdles is how it affects drivers. Doesn't stop people from smoking on the course but there's no official policy yet. That said smoking is passe', people in the know eat it. Impossible to detect other than the effects.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

No it's not legal currently, I live in CO. The legislature is still working on pot laws and we are ahead of WA in the process. Recreational users still can't buy it. Cops aren't busting people and I've heard of cases being tossed since the elections but it's still being discussed how to manage it. One of the big hurdles is how it affects drivers. Doesn't stop people from smoking on the course but there's no official policy yet. That said smoking is passe', people in the know eat it. Impossible to detect other than the effects.

Eating it is good, if you want to be high for 8 hours

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

Originally Posted by 2ironfrenzy

Eating it is good, if you want to be high for 8 hours

I don't want to start a debate about what does what but not all edibles knock you off your feet. Our commercially made edibles range from mild sedative to go to sleep as soon as it hits you. Each package has a recommended dosage with a content notice. I don't do either often but I am an advisor for an older patient that has an esophageal condition that makes it nearly impossible to swallow food. I found him a reputable dispensery that specialized in edibles and they sell a lemon drop that is very mild made by Cheeba Chews, a Boulder CO company with a great reputation. They've made their way into the CA market with their excellent products.

Dave :-)

thanks for the input. Pretty much gotta be low key about it and I should be ok. As far as eddibles is concerned for someone who isn't able to purchase them from a club, it makes it very expensive to make at home for the yield that is required. Also, If I ever do take some to the course it's my back 9 tradition. I just try not to be rude, so if it seems like it's going to be an issue I won't partake. Wish some of the cigar/cigg smokers had them courtesy, oh well.

Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!