IGNORED

Golf trip to Erin Hills

TomK82
Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am going to play erin hills in a month and a half.  From the website and any coverage I have saw this will test this 17 cap.  Has anyone played here and if so what should I expect. Also still debating what tee to play from I'm thinking white. My score average this year is 89 so what do think should I take on the full course or play it from where mere mortals should play from. Comments and questions are welcome.

Play the short-enough tees. Whites are still over 6400. I played there when the course was very new. They can make this course play very long if they wish. We played the correct tees for me in the morning (less wind too) and it was very challenging and fun. I shot in the 80's. Then we moved back to the back tees (I don't think they even had markers for the really long tees) and the wind came up. I shot over 100 and struggled like crazy just to get on the greens. I know they have made lots of changes since those first years, but I'll bet the greens are still a challenge and the course plays long and hard. White tees should give you all you can ask for.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

A friend of mine played it last year and told me that one they can make it play 8200 yards or something crazy like that. He told me its worth every penny. Have a good time please let us know what you think.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

change of plans won't be playing erin hills, instead I will be playing Washington County Golf Course which is more value per dollar.  I have read that I will enjoy this course even more than erin hills.

You'll be in an area where an hour in either direction and you will be able to play some great courses! How long are you here for or do you live in that area? I am just south of Milwaukee if you need help with anything.

Washington county is great, but it is not Erin Hills. You will still enjoy it though.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

There are a ton of great courses in the area! You can find some super weekday or weekend afternoon rates at most courses.

Originally Posted by reedf

There are a ton of great courses in the area! You can find some super weekday or weekend afternoon rates at most courses.

reedf, I live in Oconomowoc as well.  Have you ever played the Ross design Oconomowoc Golf Club?  Awesome course.  I really want to become a member there in the next few years.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by sigfan2340

You'll be in an area where an hour in either direction and you will be able to play some great courses! How long are you here for or do you live in that area? I am just south of Milwaukee if you need help with anything.

I will be in the area for August 16,17. I will be playing the 17th if u want to join up for a round.

• 2 months later...

Not anywhere near what the plan was I ended up playing a course called Moor Downs, a tiny 9 hole track that has a rich history.  Est in 1915 this course was well groomed and for $20 it was a great time. Par was 34 and I carded a 39 +5.

Not anywhere near what the plan was I ended up playing a course called Moor Downs, a tiny 9 hole track that has a rich history.  Est in 1915 this course was well groomed and for $20 it was a great time. Par was 34 and I carded a 39 +5.

Nice, that is right by where I work.  I like the hole where you have to walk across another fairway to get to the next hole.  I think it is when you walk to #3.  Very funny.  Fun little course, a little different from Erin Hills though...

;-)

Nate

Sorry you ended up at moor downs. Honestly its the worst course in Waukesha county. If you come back pm me I can set you up with 10 courses nicer in the area and are not all that expensive.

No not even close to the courses I wanted to play but I did like the fact that it is so old, gave it a cool old school feel. Very easy course but fun and you still have to hit good shots.  My time ended up limited on the trip so I just used my stay and play round.  Next time in the area( time allowed) i will play a bigger course.

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!